• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I started reading the patent and I agree, it didn't really make sense except as marketing material to subjectivist audiophools. It also seemed like it was trying to patent the idea of low moving mass, which... okay, good luck.

However, the basic idea of putting a bunch of tweeters together to keep THD low at low frequencies is kind of interesting if you ignore the patent.
Perlisten does this , but they scienced the snot out of it to make it work :) it’s basically three tweeters in a waveguide very close together.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perlisten does this , but they scienced the snot out of it to make it work :) it’s basically three tweeters in a waveguide very close together.
I can confirm that they have been independently measured by James Larson to be good and that they sound good in my treated room. The THX Dominus cert also is an added icing on the cake for peace of mind.

1000029527.jpg

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
either you work your quads a lot, or you set up the room perfectly.
It's a good setup (@JP has been here to listen to it), but pretty simple, and Quad fixed most of the 63s' problems with the 988s.

D

Deleted member 27254

You think he asked for an attorney to help him without this? Many times it is prudent to not say much in these cases. It is for that reason that neither I or Erin are sharing everything we know. You are welcome to distrust us but please don't extend this to others having to do so just the same.

A number of us did see the review and have recounted it. This was captured before the video was taken down:
index.php

My review of Tekton Mini Lore remains active and you can read it and comments from the designer.

You can have your opinion but per above, there is more than sufficient information available to us that we needed to take immediate action to help Erin defend his rights to publish independent reviews, even if they are negative in nature. You also need to read the Tekton review thread if you want to know more about the situation such as this:

He seems to think permission is required from him before his products are reviewed ("unsolicited"). Since Erin's review was not, you can imagine him going after him.
Where is Eric's Alexander's legal treat to Erin? Can you please give us a screenshot of it? You don't have to disclose certain information if you don't think it will help your case, but then you must also accept that some of us remain cautious, even skeptical, until you do. Why let this thread continue for 30, 40 pages with so much heat and so little light?

Publish Erin's review, and certainly publish Alexander's litigious response if that's what it was, and at that point we can all stop imagining / guessing / assuming what was said.

paulgyro

Where is Eric's Alexander's legal treat to Erin? Can you please give us a screenshot of it? You don't have to disclose certain information if you don't think it will help your case, but then you must also accept that some of us remain cautious, even skeptical, until you do. Why let this thread continue for 30, 40 pages with so much heat and so little light?

Publish Erin's review, and certainly publish Alexander's litigious response if that's what it was, and at that point we can all stop imagining / guessing / assuming what was said.
It got pulled down as a result of legal recommendation. Erin will retest and republish the review as mentioned recently. I saw screenshots of the original emails and they have been correctly represented here and elsewhere. You aren't going to see them unless Erin and his legal counsel want everyone to.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

My man, there are screenshots all across the audio Internet, including here. You have to look harder.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
I took the feet off my Tekton Audio Impact Monitors soon after receiving them so they could be used on some stands already owned. Never put them back on. Checked today and sure enough the hole (threaded receptacle) the feet screw in to are open all the way into the speaker. Never knew that. Have reinstalled the feet and will give them a listen in the next day or so to see if any noticeable change occurs.

Each hole is ~0.25 inches which calculates to 0.049 square inches area per hole, or 0.196 square inches for four feet holes. Haven't measure the port diameter, but it has to be at least 2" or 3.14 square inches area. I know the length of the hole also matters. Will have to make those measurements tomorrow.
I have the same speakers.
Mine make obvious chuffing noises. Really obvious with certain content.
You never heard anything?

I used threaded inserts with Allen heads to fill the mounting holes in a hidden fashion. I also wrapped the inserts in Teflon tap but that is def not required.

Hiten

The speaker in question is quite large, Feets are near the edge of speaker enclousre, and klipple measurement platform seems small (from internet images) so if without feets the enclosuer would have been working as open (small four ports) as discussed.
So there ought to be difference in the response remeasurements. Would there be or how much remains to be seen.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
My man, there are screenshots all across the audio Internet, including here. You have to look harder.

No actual legal documents though—much less filings—just bluster?

DrCWO

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I had the chance to hear the latest Perlisten speaker at an audio show in Darmstadt last summer and was very impressed. Best speaker of the show :)

Axo1989

Major Contributor
There only has been threats of legal action thus far. And there are no fund raiser at this moment. Please look through the history.

I didn’t ask about fund raising. The question mark was basically rhetorical, in case I missed something. @A Little R&R asked about “the legal threat” and my reading so far is that it’s been merely vernacular, not substantive. Your original response that “it’s all over the internet” didn’t really clarify but now I think you’re concurring. The discussion here is mainly recreational.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The speaker in question is quite large, Feets are near the edge of speaker enclousre, and klipple measurement platform seems small (from internet images) so if without feets the enclosuer would have been working as open (small four ports) as discussed.
I have built multiple larger platforms that I screw on top of Klippel to handle larger speakers. Otherwise you risk them toppling off. I am sure Erin is doing the same but don't know if this specific speaker needed one. If so, then they would have essentially been sealed during measurements.

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Not only that, he's so "sceptical" that he still didn't open the review he has in his PM that I've sent him, I'm not sure what he really wants, he just post the same thing over and over

DanielT

Major Contributor
There seem to be threads on the subject on other forums. This one for example:

That thread above maybe already addressed in this thread? If so, I missed it. Anyway, more or less the same things are said in that thread as in this one.

007Shortz

Top Bottom