• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

StigErik

Forum Donor
Oh whow ... that McLibel thing would never happen here in Norway. But then we have the worlds best private protection laws...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Posts deleted. Folks, I am about to go to sleep. Let's not start a war about politics while no one is here to put out the fires! This is not a thread to have arguments.

amarsicola

Forum Donor
Ready to fund Erin and defend freedom of speech. Which is the place chosen for fundraising? GoFundMe? Waiting for practical instructions from @amirm

Last edited:

JayGilb

Major Contributor
You'd be surprised.

There is a large audience, who believes that HiFi audio is largely art. They believe that different amp with linear frequency response can somehow give you more "air" and "opens up the soundstage."

These people believe that "pure analog" is holy and that cables makes enough of a difficult that even their wives can hear it from the kitchen.
I visit a lot of audio sites and ASR is not held in high regard. Whenever ASR or Amir's name comes up, it becomes a pile on of irrationality.
People who spend a large sum on top end electronics and cables do not want to hear that they could have saved a small fortune.

ARS's message is very slowly starting to make a difference, but it is going to take time for it to soak in and for most people, it will not.
Working with cooperative companies is probably the best strategy and will impact the most end users.
An "ASR Approved" label may someday be a badge of honor for a product, but it is going to take time.
Fight the good fight.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Sorry, I didn't want to have to go through all 28 pages... But has anyone posted this yet? I was just on the Tekton page and saw it...
View attachment 362172
Haha, that's absolutely hilarious. You sure his name is Eric and not Karen?

mk1classic

not sure if allready posted, but this shows how they come out of the box

It looks like they came with rubber plugs.

1712576928942.png

JackStorm

Very unprofessional of them as a company. I would like to see you review some of their speakers to see if they are on par with other modern speakers like the company wants us to believe.

DSJR

Major Contributor
To me, standing more apart from all this now, they look just fine (I've not seen the measurements or Erin's comments) if arguably heard from a distance to allow the tweeters to blend properly. Same with the baby M-Lores, at least to me as they'd be great overall music-communicators I'm sure in a smaller room.

Not everyone wants a tiny active wonder-box (and many of these less expensive active marvels claim so much for so little money I admit), many of which 'here' seem sat on or close to a workstation. I bet there's thousands of more traditional stereo's in the US and internationally that would lap up speakers like this and for me, it's such an effin' shame that the more technical and maybe ruthless reviews have turned out with this response from the maker. Just my view obviously, but all this saddens me hugely.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Still waiting for proof about what Eric Alexander said that was litigious, in his response to Erin's review. We're at 28 pages of comments...and amazingly, the facts are still missing. Many participants in this discussion write as if they are in full possession of the evidence. However,
1. We can't see the review, and
2. We can't see what Tekton supposedly threatened Erin with.

Will someone please post this information? It is vital if we're going to honestly assess what really happened.

I have no dog in this fight, only a desire to discuss this based on provable facts, rather than hearsay and assumptions. Surely that's not too much to ask.

Finally, regardless of what you think about Tekton products, I find it pretty shocking that someone here openly suggested vandalizing Tekton speakers at audio shows; and that the comment reaped winks and laughter from some.

I like ASR, but none of this is what I'd expect from a group of people who claim a dedication to science, facts, and rationality.

I agree, I'd prefer to see things laid out more carefully. We may expect a group dedicated to objective examination of evidence especially to follow and elucidate more methodically/dispassionately, but people take too much enjoyment from righteous indignation and running with rumours at times. The flip side of the target making extra effort at being their own worst enemy in this case. That's more temptation than average.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
To me, standing more apart from all this now, they look just fine (I've not seen the measurements or Erin's comments) if arguably heard from a distance to allow the tweeters to blend properly. Same with the baby M-Lores, at least to me as they'd be great overall music-communicators I'm sure in a smaller room.

Not everyone wants a tiny active wonder-box (and many of these less expensive active marvels claim so much for so little money I admit), many of which 'here' seem sat on or close to a workstation. I bet there's thousands of more traditional stereo's in the US and internationally that would lap up speakers like this and for me, it's such an effin' shame that the more technical and maybe ruthless reviews have turned out with this response from the maker. Just my view obviously, but all this saddens me hugely.

Yes its very sad. I always was neutral regarding tekton. I liked going the more efficient way. Never thought the n-lores are bad speakers. And Amir never told this. Its that completly ugly verbal presentation that i get from the company. What ever happens will be hard to get this out of my brain.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Very unprofessional of them as a company. I would like to see you review some of their speakers to see if they are on par with other modern speakers like the company wants us to believe.

O and just to be clear Wric responded to the thread!

What a disservice to the audiophile community. This reviewer does not possess all of the truth in the electro-acoustical universe concerning how loudspeakers should sound - nor do I. I've been blessed to have garnered 18 product of the year awards and it proves I know a thing or two about loudspeakers.

First, a loudspeaker can be designed from a viewpoint of rigid science [what this website looks to be all about] or it can be designed from a viewpoint of art and creativity. In my opinion, a great loudspeaker should have a beautiful balance of science and art. Think of what a mastering engineer could do to a song! A mastering engineer is both an artist and a scientist. Good loudspeaker design must be approached from an identical viewpoint; no different than a mastering engineer producing a track of music - I make the loudspeaker sound exactly how I want it to.

Second, to assume I cannot design and market a 'flat responding' loudspeaker is woefully shortsighted. If I wanted to produce a linear loudspeaker (as the reviewer has turned my design into) I would have done that; my simulator does this task in under 3 seconds. The facts are most audiophiles don't go for the frequency response and corrections the reviewer has suggested. The only linear loudspeaker models we offer are intended for professional studio engineering and they are tools for a toolbox. Changing crossover parts values to flatten the frequency response is a super simple task; my job is to get the speaker sounding right for an audiophile. The problem is most audiophiles don't go for 'scientific sound'; to my ears, it's analytical, sterile, forward in the midrange when turned up, and frankly not much excitement to be discerned. Shipping the Mini Lore with a MiniDSP and a preloaded file converting the Mini Lore into a scientific masterpiece is no more difficult than changing a few values on the crossover.

Anyone wanting an improved version of the Mini Lore pair as the scientific reviewer has suggested my model be changed into is free to call me and I will accommodate your request.

Tekton Design caters to the audiophile community and when two pairs of Mini Lore's were returned in 2023 we must be doing something right with the design.

Respectfully, Eric Alexander - audio designer and owner of Tekton Design, LLC

Last edited:
Top Bottom