• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Krzysztof Komeda – The Complete Recordings Of Krzysztof Komeda (Vol. 1-25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundtrane

Dealer
[Admins, please move this post if it is in the incorrect section of forums]

I am desperately looking for a good resolution copy of this. If anyone has one, will be very grateful!

The CD collection is out of print, discogs will not allow sale to India (i found one seller of the entire collection there)...

cheers
-vin

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you please choose something snazzy and clicky/snazzy drumming for me from your suggestions?

OP
S

soundtrane

Dealer
i did find a FLAC copy, was hoping to find an even better hi-res if possible.

btw, Komeda did the music for all Roman Polanski films. the track above is from his film 'Knife in the Water'...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i did find a FLAC copy, was hoping to find an even better hi-res if possible.

btw, Komeda did the music for all Roman Polanski films. the track above is from his film 'Knife in the Water'...
It's very good. :D

OP
S

soundtrane

Dealer
Komeda died in a tragic car accident in the USA - he was there to do the music for Rosemary's Baby. What a loss...

The beginning title music for Rosemary's Baby is Mia Farrow singing Komeda's composition.

Smislov

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astigmatic_(album) … Authors of The Penguin Guide to Jazz, Richard Cook and Brian Morton, named it as "on of best album in Europe’ ;)
1688039595464.jpeg

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Komeda died in a tragic car accident in the USA
? No.
A tragic accident
In the 1960s, Komeda gradually began to make more and more noise around himself. At the end of 1967, encouraged by Polański, Komeda decided to go to the United States. There he began working on the music for Rosemary's Baby. Unfortunately, his career in Hollywood was cut short by a tragic accident. In December 1968, he was returning home after a boozy party in Los Angeles in the company of the writer Marek Hłasko. The latter nudged his friend so unluckily that Komeda fell off the slope and hit his head.
Frightened, Hłasko immediately called for help. Komeda was taken to the hospital... and released when X-rays showed nothing. After some time, however, the composer began to feel worse and ended up in the hospital again. His condition was critical. The wife decided to take Komeda to Poland - and there, in one of the Warsaw hospitals, on April 23, 1969, the musician died.

Hłasko never forgave himself for that
According to the doctors, the cause of Komeda's death was a brain hematoma. It is not known whether Hłasko is actually responsible for this event. The writer, however, felt guilty and stubbornly repeated: - If Krzysio dies, I will go too – he said. After the death of his friend, Hłasko started drinking even more and left for Germany. There he died less than two months later, on June 14. Some say that he committed suicide because of his guilt. – Marek contributed to the death of Krzyś, and then he took his own life, I am convinced of it – said Komeda's wife.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
We do not condone bootlegging and illegal and unethical file sharing/transfers. Any further violations of this rule will result in immediate account suspension and termination. Thread Closed. All links to file sharing services will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom