• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE/BXT

Aaron Garrett

Awesome. It's the best bass I've ever heard, hands down (and the best system). I'll be curious to hear your thoughts!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
We had the original LS1 several years back, I thought it was excellent , perhaps a little before its time, I am looking forward to hearing the new BE version, with servo subwoofers.
Keith

Alisterkoran

Not sure I agree they're 'beautiful'.
They are one of the ugliest speakers I've ever had the misfortune to look at a photo of. I don't care if they may even be the best sounding speakers in the world, I wouldn't give them house room no matter how much money I had. I doubt even a nice bookmatched wood venear and grills could hide the ugliness . . .

The only thing they are missing are built in colour changing LEDs that flash in time to the music. Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me if they did have flashing LEDs hidden in them somewhere, they look like they're straight out of the Argos catalogue.

AK.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Actually they do have LEDs, and when you turn the ‘limiter’ function on, the LEDs just change from their normal blue/green to red for an instant they have to be extremely loud at that point though.
The also change to violet when you re set them, red in standby and then blue/green when they sense a signal.
The best speakers I have heard here, a comparison with the Beolab 90s would be interesting.
Keith

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't think they are that ugly, but surely the futuristic look and odd color scheme are not everyone's cup of tea...

Aaron Garrett

They look very interesting. Wasn’t Bruno Putzeys involved with Grimm a while ago?

I don’t think we have a distributor for Grimm in Australia so no chance to hear them :(

Yes he was. The bass units are post-Putzey (I think -- the connections between these companies are unclear to me) and derived from an idea invented by Philips that could be perfected in the era of digital processing.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Kiis/BXt are back, having been preferred to an extremely extremely passive sysyrem.
If you would like to hear the Kii,Dutch&Dutch 8Cs and soon the Grimm LS1be under one roof give me a call.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Grimm’s will have the motion feedback subs.
Keith

Emlin

How do you rate them, Keith, and when are we to get the promised measurements of the Kii/BXT?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Don’t have the Grimm’s yet, now the Kiis are back, I can run some measurements
keith

Emlin

Great, I'd love to see the measurements. Thanks.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sunny day Kii THREE/BXT,

It was interesting to hear the Kiis next to a really ‘Hi-end’ set-up.
If you fancy hearing the Kiis/8Cs and LS1s for yourself give me a call.
Keith

Top Bottom