• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii at the Munich hHi-End

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kii THREE and BXTs at Munich,

Photo courtesy of ‘my Hi-end’.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kii demonstrating the THREE’s with and without the BXT module, the BXT can be switched off via the Kii ‘control’ making a/b comparisons very straightforward.

Purité Audio have the Kii THREE/BXT loudspeakers here, alongside, Grimm LS1 and Dutch&Dutch 8C and soon Hedd’s ‘Main towers’!
Keith

Sir Sanders Zingmore

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
A couple of questions:
I thought the BXTs were the same height as the Kii stands so that the total height remained unchanged. In your top photo the Kiis + BXTs look taller than the Kiis on stands.

And, is the BXT on vs off comparison completely valid. With BXT off you effectively have the Kiis sitting on another speaker. Surely this would sound different to the Kiis sitting on their stands ?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There is an interface between the BXT and the bottom of the Kiis which might add a centimetre or two, I don’t believe sitting on the BXTs or their stands makes a difference.
Keith

Top Bottom