• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

piggy wiggy

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Ahhh look an audio piggy wiggy with a cable for its tale, or a cable inserted into its backside.
Tombo Audio the chap who makes these has 40 years experience in the audio industry, apparently.
Edit it might be a cat,
Quote,

‘Meow, a flagship electro-acoustic accessory.’

IMG_3144.jpeg

Photo courtesy of mono&stereo
Keith

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it will love being given a piggy bank panther to play with.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Decisions decisions a ‘Meow’ or a £4k crossover for my PMCs,

Keith

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
During the development of fenestria, PMC’s engineers undertook extensive research into the effect of vibrations on audio performance. In particular, the analysis of vibration and its impact on sensitive components within crossover circuits led to fenestria being fitted with the very best, British made, capacitors and non-inductive German resistors, designed to eradicate internal micro-vibrations which have a negative impact on the performance of the speaker. This technology was employed in the fact signature series, resulting in new crossovers, mounted on military-grade circuit boards, that are populated with the same key hand-selected components employed in the fenestria, with the positioning of each component carefully calculated to minimise unwanted interference. Each crossover is tuned to provide optimum performance of the system with improvements in the resolution of micro-details, soundstage presentation and an increased tangibility in the critical midrange/vocal region.

I'm going to be That Guy and ask why they don't throw away all the coils and capacitors and go active. Imagine the micro-details then!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Exactly and what’s the problem with British resistors!
Keith

Top Bottom