• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF R3 new REW measurements (Do I need a subwoofer?)

OP
M

Marcin

You have a very lively room.
It used to be much worse. Now I have 17 wool absorbers (6 glass wool 120x60x20cm, 6 stone wool 100x50x10cm, 5 stone wool 120x60x10cm) and a bass trap.
Nothing more I can do about it. Either accept it or change the apartment which I like :)

@ernestcarl I still have not received any response from Lyngdorf support regarding phase, but I found this video on yt where mr. Roland Hoffmann says a few words on the subject

Last edited:

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
It used to be much worse. Now I have 17 wool absorbers (6 glass wool 120x60x20cm, 6 stone wool 100x50x10cm, 5 stone wool 120x60x10cm) and a bass trap.
Nothing more I can do about it. Either accept it or change the apartment which I like :)

@ernestcarl I still have not received any response from Lyngdorf support regarding phase, but I found this video on yt where mr. Roland Hoffmann says a few words on the subject

Yeah... what he states still contradicts your own objective measurements.

ozzy9832001

I totally get it. lively rooms and/or small rooms are tough. Mine is like that too. We do the best with the hand we've been dealt.

OP
M

Marcin

OK, so I borrowed one SB-2000 and performed new RoomPerfect calibration.
I placed the microphone in three places around MLP for my measurement and then I did an average.
Please find below frequency response graphs for separate L and R channel and L+R (1/24 smoothing)

LR.jpg

LR1.jpg

What do you think?

Edit:
Adding also psychoacoustic smoothing.

lr psychoacoustic.jpg
lr1 psychoacoustic.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom