• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

CEA2034 -- Kef R3 Meta (10°).png
Estimated In-Room Response Sealed vs Ported.png
Kef R3 Meta (Ported)_360_Horizontal_Polar.png

Last edited:

geox

the review is was more positive than i imagined, especially from Erin

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The old R300 were pretty good already, then R3 were still better and now of course R3 Meta better yet. They are going to sell a lot.

TimW

Major Contributor
All of Erin's reviews are positive. The speakers, unfortunately, are not. No one should ever give praise to poor design.
What do you mean? About half of Erin's reviews are not positive due to the speakers under review being poorly designed. He does not wax poetic like Steve Guttenberg or exaggerate like Zeos. Erin was positive about these KEFs because they have very good objective performance.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyway... Great speakers, as expected.

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
All of Erin's reviews are positive. The speakers, unfortunately, are not. No one should ever give praise to poor design.

Are you saying that the KEF R3 Meta speakers are poorly designed? If so, why?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These look like a stupid great value for anyone looking for a passive stand mounted speaker.

HighFutility

What do you mean? About half of Erin's reviews are not positive due to the speakers under review being poorly designed. He does not wax poetic like Steve Guttenberg or exaggerate like Zeos. Erin was positive about these KEFs because they have very good objective performance.
To clarify, Erin doesn't have skin in the game. His reviews can not be swayed in any direction other than the objective truth. It is possible, down the road, that conflict of interest could arise. This is why I wrote all his reviews are positive. I wasn't talking about what he says in his videos, as I don't watch them. To my second point, I don't believe Erin or Amir have ever given poor design/measurements favourable reviews. They are not Zeos. To me, that is the best kind of review. They are all positive because they rely on objective data/measurements. I can look at a few charts and make conclusions myself. Now as far as speakers being good with poor measurements, I have yet to come across that on ASR or Erins Audio.

I don't really care if someone says this is a bad speaker in a "video," as I know both reviewers are going to say that already, given the measurements.

Edit: I re-read my initial comment. I wasn't saying the KEF R3'S were bad. I meant to say the reviews are all positive. The speakers, in broad terms, could be good or bad based on the objective data provided. Thats a win/positive for me.

Opal

To clarify, Erin doesn't have skin in the game. His reviews can not be swayed in any direction other than the objective truth. It is possible, down the road, that conflict of interest could arise. This is why I wrote all his reviews are positive. I wasn't talking about what he says in his videos, as I don't watch them. To my second point, I don't believe Erin or Amir have ever given poor design/measurements favourable reviews. They are not Zeos. To me, that is the best kind of review. They are all positive because they rely on objective data/measurements. I can look at a few charts and make conclusions myself. Now as far as speakers being good with poor measurements, I have yet to come across that on ASR or Erins Audio.

I don't really care if someone says this is a bad speaker in a "video," as I know both reviewers are going to say that already, given the measurements.

Edit: I re-read my initial comment. I wasn't saying the KEF R3'S were bad. I meant to say the reviews are all positive. The speakers, in broad terms, could be good or bad based on the objective data provided. Thats a win/positive for me.
Bro you have a weird choice of words. Had us on the first post not gona lie.

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I bought a pair of KEF R3 Metas in early March and couldn't be happier with their performance in my system. I have no objective measurements, nor do I have any double blind AxB test results, just my humble subjective opinion.

Top Bottom