• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali IN-5 Studio Monitor Review

voltronic

This is interesting. I have a midbass issue, and I just plugged your Full Range figures into IIEQ Pro (a 10-band equalizer I use with SoundSource on a Mac). It seems to do good things. But it mostly cuts things at about 150 Hz, no? I don't see a 10 Hz cut here. Or is there some other software you're also using that has a Full Range setting on top of this?

Oh, and the overall gain is just left at 0.00 db?
The broad cut around 150 Hz is addressing the mid bass hump in my room response, which I mentioned earlier. Maybe your mid bass issue is similar which is why it sounds good to you, but I would definitely run your own measurements and corrections rather than apply ones specific to my setup.

The 10 Hz cut is the default LF roll-off corner frequency added by REW when generating filters if the Speaker Type is set to Full Range. 80 Hz is the default roll-off for Bass Limited speakers. But I now realize that I only had REW set to generate filters 20 Hz-20 kHz so a filter at 10 Hz wouldn't be created anyway.

Top Bottom