• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JDS Atom+ Amp Mod

JimmyBuckets

Sup folks,
Did a little mod to my Atom+. Pretty simple and nice for at night. Drilled a small hole in place of the white painted dot for the volume indicator. The light from the back light ring shines through and gives a nice "illuminated" volume indicator.

Attachments

• PXL_20220515_030252894.jpg
    PXL_20220515_030252894.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 215

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Been thinking about doing the exact same thing to my non + atom for years now as the dial is quite hard to read in low light, perhaps I'll finally remember to bring my drill home today and get the job done.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Neat mod. I might try something similar, though probably starting with the smallest drill at hand, plus perhaps some thin white paper backing or something.
A little liquid silicon blob assisted by some manipulating water on the finger manages to create a tidy little silicon cap over the inside of the hole for a cool soft illumination .

Top Bottom