• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL 705P / 708P

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A socket adapter is not the most expensive add-on, though. Still, it confirms that Harman/Samsung/JBL is in a somewhat messy state at the moment.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So how do they sound?
Are you going to try them with the subs at some stage, they have adjustable delay to help with dialing in.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
So how do they sound?
Are you going to try them with the subs at some stage, they have adjustable delay to help with dialing in.
No clue , can’t plug them in :D

They look sweet and are hefty for their size , Iv got them on isoacoustic stands that seem rubbish to me. I always thought you want a solid base for speakers but these stands wave about like a skyscraper in a hurricane and with the longer poles in are unusable.

Yes you can delay them individually, they have a few useful looking options on-board. I will put a sub with them if there’s one that pairs with them from JBL and has DSP automatic set up etc else I won’t bother as setting subs up manually is beyond me, they never sound right.

Dynaudio has subs that perfectly match their monitors with dsp so hopefully JBL will.

Then there’s the intonato thing that is ment to go with the seven series BUT can’t be connected to the speakers without some hack cable.., very strange to me. Maybe it’s ment to plug into another box before the speakers but I can’t see or find what and there’s nothing inthe manual I can find to explain why it has D-sub sockets but no corresponding socket on the speakers it’s ment to go with.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thomas that does all sound pathetic of JBL.

Now the Intonato is 24 channels. Lots of pro gear with that many channels uses D sub connection. So that really is no hack. That isn't unusual. D subs are available with a variety of connections.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Thomas that does all sound pathetic of JBL.

Now the Intonato is 24 channels. Lots of pro gear with that many channels uses D sub connection. So that really is no hack. That isn't unusual. D subs are available with a variety of connections.
Beats having 48 xlr sockets on the back I guess :)

Seemed strange but looking at it it’s actually quite good, each D-sub on the intonato gives you 8 channels and they are setup as a input and out put pair , input A and output A etc .

What do they sound like ? :D:D

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Got my 705p’s .., seems JBL are not aware of the fact the uk uses different sockets to the EU and the US
You guys have to pay a little extra and suffer a bit of pain for always doing things the wrong way. :eek:

SPFC

Got my 705p’s .., seems JBL are not aware of the fact the uk uses different sockets to the EU and the US:rolleyes:

Fairly pathetic.
Oh noooooo... After all these months waiting, ordering, canceling, ordering again you still can't listen to them! Shame on JBL and your dealer!

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks. Very interesting to read. It seems to me like a pair of 705p together with a pair of cheap subs and a bass management system (multi-sub optimizer for example) would provide pretty spectacular value for money these days.
That's an understatement!

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe the dealer is gray market importer. Thomas are they shown as authorized dealer on JBL site?
Mine came with both US and EU cords which I thought was very smart.

Plugs.JPG

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
IIRC the UK uses a different plug than the EU (and different than what we use in the USA, natch). What do you expect from folk who never learned to drive on the right side of the road? :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just cut the dang plug off and stick the wires in the outlet.
What's the problem?

Top Bottom