• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newbie Home Theatre Setup Advice

swapdude

Hey everyone, I am an audio newbie looking for home setup advice and learning from the best. The dedicated home theatre is 25 ft long * 18 ft wide * 9 ft tall. I looked for estimates from a few companies, and almost everyone returned with a different setup.

- Setup 7.1.4
- Subwoofer SVS PB 2000
- Receiver Denon 3800H
- Epson 5050
- Silver Ticket Acoustic Screen 150"

Now, when it comes to speakers, there are so many options.

Setup 1 (expensive)

- JBL SCL 6 for LCR
- JBL SCL 7 for side and rears

Setup 2 (still using JBL)

- JBL SCL 6 for LCR
- Everything else is a Sonance VP 62

Setup 3

- CG23M
- C45E and W25E

Setup Option 4 from Bestbuy

- Sonace Mag5.1 Premium
- Sonance - MAG6R - Mag Series 6-1/2" 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair) - Paintable White
- Sonance - VP62 RECTANGLE - Visual Performance 6-1/2" 2-Way In-Wall Speakers (Pair) - Paintable White

My budget for the setup is $10-12K (without the projector, as I have one already)

Any advice? Is it wise to mix JBL with Sonance? Any other recommendations?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Looks like a fun project!

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot to offer in terms of advice, other than a generic recommendation for JBL. I have a theater full of 708Ps and 705Ps, two HSU Subwoofers and a Denon 3700. Couldn't be happier with it.

You might want to think about another sub or two in a room that large.

OP
S

swapdude

Yeah. After seeing how one does, I might add another sub—getting the wiring done. I am curious about mixing JBL with Sonance. Is that generally considered bad to mix? Should I be thinking of sticking with one brand across?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom