• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Jazz in Chicago?

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
My wife and I have to waste our time few days in Chicago this week. Could you recommend some places where listen to Jazz music, something like the Village Vanguard in NY?
Thanks in advance.

pwjazz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Back in my Chicago days I enjoyed the Green Mill. One of my favorite singers, Kurt Elling, used to perform there frequently. The neighborhood is a bit rough and it's a bit out of the way, but IMHO worth the trip.

Andy's is a decent place closer to downtown.

Reactions: wje

Midwest Blade

Jazz Showcase, Winters, Andy’s or the Green Mill - just check on line for the line up and take your pick. Jazz Showcase is a fair sized room/club, Winter’s is a small intimate listening room (no chatting during performance), Andy’s is pretty much an open bar (serves food) and can be noisy so beware of where you sit, have never been to the Green Mill but it is a hike from downtown.

The absolute best is the jazz series at the Chicago Symphony Center, they bring in main line talent for a series every year, check the schedule to see if it matches your visit, cso.org

Top Bottom