• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Items submitted for Review

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, no! Has it been that long? :) I will given them priority and test them in the next few days. Sorry about that. With house flooding and such, I have been putting priority on electronic stuff that is easier and less controversial to test. But am now going to full speed and testing everything.

No problem Amir. I am not in a hurry at all. Do the priorities for those that need stuff back.

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The problem with those speakers is purely availability and logistics, not which one of us will test it. Erin will have even harder time as he has to put them on their side. I don't know that I personally want to be responsible for any scratches or damage to said speakers that costs tens of thousands of dollars and weigh a ton. You would need white glove service to bring, load them up and then take them away.

Wilson customers tend to be high-end subjectivists which don't value such measurements. But with time and more spreading of word about importance of measurements, maybe the companies volunteer to send one in. Then the logistics will be taken care of by them.
LOL this is exactly why I mentioned them - I know, such a trouble maker I am!

Hapo

...I tried to send an amp but that surely doesn't count...

...having had time to think aboot it, if I do ever get a NC500 whatever amp, I will send in my old one for Amir to test instead...

(stock images)

OIP.hDzCDCWAPawZ9qULE8cZegHaEf

R.ffabb7f31f1a4fbad6143582439b5b4c

exm

Hopefully we get a review from Amir soon, planning to buy 6 of them and place them on wall for Atmos!

He has mine for a while, hopefully we will see the review shortly!

I have 6 also and I love them. Cheers.

exm

Will be testing it soon. Need some thinking on how to post position/measure it.

Not sure how much effort this is, but these are meant for either upfiring Atmos or wall-mounted surrounds. I am mostly interested in how they perform as direct-firing (so to speak) speakers. You can probably measure them the same as if they are regular speakers but obviously interpret the results knowing these are meant to be surrounds?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Donated US bucks to buy and measure a low end Yamaha R-S202 receiver. It was available for $180 new in the US.

It's incredibly cheap and in my opinion competes directly with small amps such as Fosi V3 and Aiyima V07. Got 4.5k reviews on Amazon US according to Amir, so it's very popular.
It clearly has far more features than a Fosi V3, several inputs, two speaker outputs, headphone jack, AM/FM/DAB radio, bluetooth, remote.

The specs of the power amplifier make me suspicious, why would you want to measure at 10% THD unless marketing needs you to inflate the numbers?
1694590381819.png

The specs on the German site offer DIN measurements, this looks far more believable:
1694590508106.png

It only has been three weeks, so i expect it will be a few month before it's at the top of the queue.

Last edited:

silentt29

Donated US bucks to buy and measure a low end Yamaha R-S202 receiver. It was available for $180 new in the US.

It's incredibly cheap and in my opinion competes directly with small amps such as Fosi V3 and Aiyima V07. Got 4.5k reviews on Amazon US according to Amir, so it's very popular.
It clearly has far more features than a Fosi V3, several inputs, two speaker outputs, headphone jack, AM/FM/DAB radio, bluetooth, remote.

The specs of the power amplifier make me suspicious, why would you want to measure at 10% THD unless marketing needs you to inflate the numbers?
View attachment 311665

The specs on the German site offer DIN measurements, this looks far more believable:
View attachment 311666

It only has been three weeks, so i expect it will be a few month before it's at the top of the queue.
I would definitely be interested in that review. I used (and still have in storage) a Yamaha R-S201 receiver for a number of years, which I think is very similar (if not identical, spec-wise) to the newer R-S202 but without Bluetooth capabilities.

Top Bottom