• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Items submitted for Review

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I sent in a pair of Audeze Mobius for him to test. I am interested in the sound with 3D mode selected versus the non-3D modes. Is there really much difference? Do the different sound modes actually do anything? Does the 3D mode overlay on the selected sound field or is it a choice of 3D mode OR a selected mode so no interaction between the two. Should be very interesting as millions have sold world wide.

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Can google sheets aggerate info from a web page(s)? e.g. via something like macros.

I wonder if we had a standard posting format from 'sent in' and 'review finished', if the sheet could grab the info automatically from here. Then, it's a standalone sheet with all info in 1 spot. If the link was posted in the 'review finished' page, it might even be able to grab some of the info that's needed for the review index, and then maybe it could grab from the google sheet. If done well enough, maybe after a few revs, the review index could auto populate, self sustain. Or maybe there's an extra step here that's not needed; This Thread → Google Sheets → Review Index. Admittedly I've not looked at the review index or the dev. threads in a while, I didn't know the software behind it changed. So there could have already been a similar discussion there.

Just some random musings, thoughts. :)

Kalessin

Forum Donor
I sent in an Aiyima "Upgraded A05" integrated amplifier with bluetooth and bass/treble controls for review.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results in comparison to the Aiyima A07, which is my everyday desktop amplifier thanks to ASR.

GimeDsp

So far I have resisted asking Amir for any updates. I figure the more people that bug him the longer things take.
However, it would be nice for Amir to designate a couple days to be bugged.
I for one would like Amir to be fitted with binaural mic's and a gopro. We can follow as he makes something to drink then listens to the revels.

Hapo

...I try not to bug him but I figger he can just ignore us...

...I will send in Tradutto DAC as soon as I can tear myself away from it's musical awesomeness... (grin)

...that should be aboot Monday...

...I feel I need to post this here...it is embarrassing but there it is...IMHO if it cost $200 it would be a keeper...

...but they probaly spent that much on the four function remote and fancy box it came in...

Last edited:

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amir is really backed up, and it gets worse and worse as he is indeed a one man show, he was almost 3 months behind when I sent him my Genelec speakers last year, so I can only imagine the state of things now with the flooding and all he's had to deal with recently.

Hapo

...wow...!!!...what hath I wrought...!?!...it was away before I saw this...he know's his place is a stop over on the way back to Amazon so there is that...

...the Tradutto didn't seem especially relevent in the general scheme of things, but Amir apparently developed an interest in publishing a Tradutto review after seeing the iWi review video I posted above...

...I will just leave this iWi review here...I shared this with Amir...I don't know if this helped or not...I can't tell if iWi is pulling our leg here or what...

...I will say when I hooked up Tradutto I noted a slight roll off in treble and maybe some reverb, and am sure there is some boosted bass...

...then I when I hooked the Modi 3+ back up, I was sure I could detect a slight roll off in the treble, maybe a little reverb, and noted some boosted base...

...methinks hooking up new/different DACs works even better than adding weights...

Last edited:

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sent in, arrived September 2021:

AKG K271 mk2 Chinese made and two pads.
Beyerdynamic DT-150 with DT-100 velour pads (original pads also supplied)

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

If anybody just wants their speakers reviewed after measurements on the Klippel, you can always reach out to the other guy who's doing this to help lighten the building backlog - obviously, @hardisj would love to receive a pair of Wilson Speakers or maybe Focal Utopias!

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If anybody just wants their speakers reviewed after measurements on the Klippel, you can always reach out to the other guy who's doing this to help lighten the building backlog - obviously, @hardisj would love to receive a pair of Wilson Speakers or maybe Focal Utopias!

Sure it is an idea, I just don’t have any more stuff to send worth of reviewing.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Oh, no! Has it been that long? :) I will given them priority and test them in the next few days. Sorry about that. With house flooding and such, I have been putting priority on electronic stuff that is easier and less controversial to test. But am now going to full speed and testing everything.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The problem with those speakers is purely availability and logistics, not which one of us will test it. Erin will have even harder time as he has to put them on their side. I don't know that I personally want to be responsible for any scratches or damage to said speakers that costs tens of thousands of dollars and weigh a ton. You would need white glove service to bring, load them up and then take them away.

Wilson customers tend to be high-end subjectivists which don't value such measurements. But with time and more spreading of word about importance of measurements, maybe the companies volunteer to send one in. Then the logistics will be taken care of by them.

Top Bottom