• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Introducing Hang Loose Convolver from Accurate Sound

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
When I first went down the road of a PC/multichnnel dac active system - rule number 1 was do not connect tweeters to channels 1/2!

Channel mapping/routing in Audiolense is really easy. Under speaker setup you set it / label it however you are wired up. You can then safely test before running sweeps. Then the.cfg files are automatically generated using the same channel mapping. I dont get how you can get a wrong setup in the .cfg file??

Keith_W

Major Contributor
When I first went down the road of a PC/multichnnel dac active system - rule number 1 was do not connect tweeters to channels 1/2!

Channel mapping/routing in Audiolense is really easy. Under speaker setup you set it / label it however you are wired up. You can then safely test before running sweeps. Then the.cfg files are automatically generated using the same channel mapping. I dont get how you can get a wrong setup in the .cfg file??

I am not the Audiolense user. My friend was. I told him my channel mapping is 1, 2 for left and right sub, 3, 4 for left and right woofer, etc. He wanted 0-3 for left, and 4-7 for right. But that would involve too much recabling, and the cables are really well hidden in my system and I was not willing to do that. So he ended up telling Audiolense to use 0, 2, 4, 6 for left, and 1, 3, 5, 7 for the right. That is as far as I recall.

I have no idea why the .cfg files came out so garbled. I am glad I was cautious and played it at a very low volume before we realized the channel assignments were wrong. Anyway, it's fixed now and since I don't use Audiolense, I left it to him to figure out.

Top Bottom