• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ifi ipower X

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
how did that work out for u?
It was amazing! I had to wait for the PS to break in for 500 hours. But then, the taste really opened up. The depth, the clarity, the layers and the separation of flavors was like nothing I've had before...It's like I had a much more resolving kettle all of a sudden. Highly recommended! Word to the wise, though: don't try it until it's fully broken in or you'll be disappointed.

Reactions: NTK

doitttt

xpower 5volt use to with supercapacitor
to singxer su2
no compressed sound
i use ian-canada-ucpi-universal-ultracapacitor have1-2 amp to drive singxer su2
but to do much better will buy farad super3 with supercapacitor
as well as modified singxer su2 with shunt regulator
OSCON Ultra low ESR caps, ELNA capacitors and WIMA film caps
ifi xpower 5volt is a good power supply
try see measurement ipower supply
try to see how wallmart smtp power supply measures

Last edited:

guy48065

Re 5V supercap Rpi upgrade: I'm sure the brass spikes are a significant contributor to there being more "there" there in the SQ. A novel idea for a power supply. Can't tell from the photo but I hope they don't conduct to the ground plane.
I should try this idea on my noisy wall wart powering my DAC. I'm sure a couple 20d construction nails thru it into the wall will stop the noise it's feeding into my AC mains.

ian-canada-ucpi-universal-ultracapacitor-power-supply-board-for-raspberry-pi.jpg

Top Bottom