• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

ifi ipower X

Wps998

I have had LPUs that made no difference sonically. But then again dac amps these days have better internal power supplies already probably. The funny thing is despite having no luck with LPUs, i have some quite surprising differences from swapping power cords, unexpectedly.

Veri

Major Contributor
I have had LPUs that made no difference sonically. But then again dac amps these days have better internal power supplies already probably. The funny thing is despite having no luck with LPUs, i have some quite surprising differences from swapping power cords, unexpectedly.
:oops:o_O

Katji

- shielded [context : particular noise situation]

- substandard "generic" [iow, when you cut it open , you find insufficient strands of copper wire. as in, obviously insufficient. iow, would not meet standards authority specification.]

Otherwise psychology.

Wps998

- shielded [context : particular noise situation]

- substandard "generic" [iow, when you cut it open , you find insufficient strands of copper wire. as in, obviously insufficient. iow, would not meet standards authority specification.]

Otherwise psychology.
Nobody likes a skinny wire..though i do love my psychology . I am a real sucker for my eardrum/eyes/wallet to brain neuron sparkies.