• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ICEpower Conductor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
New tech from ICEpower announced.

The prototype is already around SINAD 102 (1kHz 5W into 4 ohms) with ~300W (1% THD+N of 1kHz into 4 ohms) and no rise around the knee. And with 6.67 kHz riding along with the 1 kHz, the old limitations of HCOM seem to have been solved.

Frequency-response-of-complete-Conductor-amplifier.png

THD-vs-power-graph-of-complete-Conductor-amplifier.png

IMD-graph-of-complete-Conductor-amplifier.png

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
PHASE: 15º at 20 kHz, much better than before but...

ICEpower Conductor - Phase-response-of-complete-Conductor-amplifier.png

PS: the phase is important to me (this week I linearized the phase of my KEF Q100 coaxial modified with the help of rePhase: I notice the difference and... I like more the the sound!).

Last edited:

Anthony LoFi

New tech from ICEpower announced.

Hi M,
Good thread.
Biquads !
Is this a first ?, Im not a amp tech so may wait until more knowledgeable heads comment.
Class D is getting so good technically, has so many advantages over transformer supply based designs, just for size and heat for e.g.
They are only getting better as each major design team go for the extremes in meeting crucial specifications.
Similar to the way we have seen DAC/ADC technology get so good (SINAD) in such a short time.
And at prices most hobbyists can afford.
Lifes good.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
IMO this is almost NCoreX and Eigentakt level, tiny bit more IMD but still excellent.

Can't wait for them to refresh the 125ASX2 module, which AFAIK was very popular. Hopefully keeping the same board size, holes and pins for compatibility, allowing the end user to upgrade and manufacturers to just order the new part without adapting designs, like Hypex NCx500 OEM was to NC500 OEM.

Reactions: ENG

Sokel

Master Contributor
6.6Khz is even lower than 1Khz on the chart.
I suspect I'll have to pull couple of plugs off my 300a2,snap Conductor in and be done with it (gain is similar).

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi M,
Good thread.
Biquads !
Is this a first ?, Im not a amp tech so may wait until more knowledgeable heads comment.
Class D is getting so good technically, has so many advantages over transformer supply based designs, just for size and heat for e.g.
They are only getting better as each major design team go for the extremes in meeting crucial specifications.
Similar to the way we have seen DAC/ADC technology get so good (SINAD) in such a short time.
And at prices most hobbyists can afford.
Lifes good.
I don't know about biquads, so can't comment on that.

But AFAIK ICEpower is very popular outside of the audiophile niche. Think of guitar or bass amplifiers, PA amplifiers, etc. When they eventually upgrade their amps to this new Conductor tech, there is an entire industry that is going to benefit. High performance class D used on live amplified sound, that is going to be awesome.

TNT

PHASE: 15º at 20 kHz, much better than before but...

View attachment 294191

PS: the phase is important to me (this week I linearized the phase of my KEF Q100 coaxial modified with the help of rePhase: I notice the difference and... I like more the the sound!).
So why didn't you also include the amp phase deviation into your compensation?

//

maty

Major Contributor
Months ago I also tried to linearize the phase of the KEF Q100. At first I liked it but soon I preferred to go back to the previous one. I think it took about 20 minutes to generate the file. I commented about it in my own thread on Twitter.

I like more the old impulse-Junio-2020-mono / stereo

Portapapeles01.png

FzAEjOVXwAAWiOD.png

FzACkvtXwAc_Cn6.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom