• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I don't think loud is loud enough

Jimi Floyd

Baba O'Riley, yesterday here at home

Q278l4I.jpg

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Thats where we come to https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-think-loud-is-loud-enough.41465/post-1482860

As younger people for the most only in the car you could go loud.
They say you really can't choose your neighbours... guess I whose really lucky.
I did listen (really) loud and mix (among other things) when I whose young but mostly on hedaphones. That's become a major problem today (so much that world health organizational think most of the population soon will have hearing deficit and be in the need for hearing aid's) IEM's able to play really loud without much distortion and their popularity among young people.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
They say you really can't choose your neighbours... guess I whose really lucky.
I did listen (really) loud and mix (among other things) when I whose young but mostly on hedaphones. That's become a major problem today (so much that world health organizational think most of the population soon will have hearing deficit and be in the need for hearing aid's) IEM's able to play really loud without much distortion and their popularity among young people.

Yes but they cant give you the sensation of two 15inch pro drivers in a car. Thats maybe the danger in headphones. If you realy can feel the punch, you not need to go louder. Its that feeling of the punch, not the ringing in the ears you go for.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
i'll put it this way....
i already found what SPL levels my body can take (literally) - Fs was about 56-58Hz @155dB when my vision started fading and me completely shutting down afterwards

tomtoo

Major Contributor
i'll put it this way....
i already found what SPL levels my body can take (literally) - Fs was about 56-58Hz @155dB when my vision started fading and me completely shutting down afterwards

Hehe thats sick. Where was this? A rocket launch?

My girlfriend felt sick in my car, with two 15inch in her back. And this was far,far away from 155dB.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
dB drag, the SPL levels were a bit dubios back then tho, tbh (i think it was old Audiolab measuring equipment, those numbers went down over the years when newer, better equpment came out)

MRC01

Major Contributor
Back in the 90s I worked on aircraft carriers and discovered the true meaning of "loud". Nothing else is even close. I wore 30 dB foam plugs inside 30 dB muffs and it was still so loud that I could only take it for 10 minutes. The sound was so loud it overwhelmed all 5 senses. I could feel it on my skin, it could smell and taste it (it smelled and tasted like jet A exhaust) , and it appeared to distort light, thought the latter could have been from heat and exhaust.

OP
dasdoing

dasdoing

Major Contributor
seriously, listening to Zapp - Heartbreaker (Part 1,2) to make the kick sound real I meassure around 87dBC slow right now

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You didn't have to take him seriously, no one breaks out their Zapp album for bass testing and queues up Heartbreaker instead of More Bounce To The Ounce

OP
dasdoing

dasdoing

Major Contributor
You didn't have to take him seriously, no one breaks out their Zapp album for bass testing and queues up Heartbreaker instead of More Bounce To The Ounce

ok, Heartbreaker is not an example of the true Zapp sound, but Dacefloor is much more exelent is this sense than More Bounce

Top Bottom