• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I’ve Got The EIGENTAKT Bug But….

Jim Creek

My current amp is an Emotiva BasX A300 (150W @ 8ohms, Class A/B). It’s seven years old and sounds great. My other components are an Topping Pre90 preamp and an SMSL DO100 DAC. When I put my ear on the tweeter screen of my Silver 100 I hear dead silence, even with the Pre90 volume turned all the way up, no hiss, no noise of any kind.

Now I have a yearning to try a Purifi 1ET400A EIGENTAKT amp. I wonder though, should I expect an improvement over the A300?

Last edited:

JohnnyNG

I also got that bug and was able to sell myself on a pair of Audiophonics 1ET400A mono amps since they cut my speaker cable runs down by an order of magnitude. SOTA performance can’t hurt, of course, as well as more power than I can ever exceed. They are fed via long balanced cables from a Pre90 as well.

Top Bottom