• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I Weep Because I Have No More Worlds To Conquer

Jim Creek

I upgraded my amp to a Purifi Eigentakt, my Preamp to a Topping Pre90, my DAC to an SMSL DO100, my headphone amp to a Schiit Modi Heretic. I love my 4 year old Silver 100 speakers too much to part with them. The upgraded electronics has made those speakers too good.

All my old electronics were around 7 years old. Now I have nothing left to upgrade. :(

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you're happy with those speakers I suppose....

HoweSound

I upgraded my amp to a Purifi Eigentakt, my Preamp to a Topping Pre90, my DAC to an SMSL DO100, my headphone amp to a Schiit Modi Heretic. I love my 4 year old Silver 100 speakers too much to part with them. The upgraded electronics has made those speakers too good.

All my old electronics were around 7 years old. Now I have nothing left to upgrade. :(
I feel your pain. I upgraded from my integrated amp and ancient DAC to a Hypex Nilai stereo amp and Schiit Freya S pre and my DAC to Eversolo DMP A6 streamer. Sitting on the shelf I have new drivers and cross-overs to rebuild my speakers, but I'm so entranced by my new sound, I don't want to start the speaker upgrade.

JSmith

Master Contributor
those speakers
Not too foul in that price bracket;

index.php

JSmith

DSJR

Major Contributor
MUSIC - that's all that matters now, so forget about the sodding gear and just enjoy listening to the music being played now you have the gear sorted!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Subwoofers would be a worthwhile addition, and a processor to integrate them, or just completely full-range loudspeakers.
Keith

DSJR

Major Contributor
Enjoying music is a relatively poor substitute for enjoying gear.
Sorry - is that a humorous response? I don't know how to take the statement above :facepalm:

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
First World problem :D

Enjoy your music, you lucky man :)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not to be a party pooper here, but you basically spend quite a bit of money on the things that actually make the least difference in your whole setup, while speakers and room acoustics/correction are by far the largest contributors to sound quality. Regardless, you have some excellent electronics, for a very sensible budget, so don't worry too much :cool:
Now I have nothing left to upgrade. :(
I think you're just getting started ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom