• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

Rate this headphone:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 48 19.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 117 46.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 74 29.5%

• Total voters

S34MH1

FXK_ixEUEAAhdXX

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Upper mids and treble so good on this headphone. Even if it's bright there, it's a warranted brightness. Very detailed, solid and fun. Not bright, fatiguing and boring at the same time like some other headphones.

Bass and low mids a bit too thick i feel, little bit damped sounding.

The headphone can sound very impressive and realistic if the recording is good. Very high detail and transparency. The presentation makes things more visual.

Bow_Wazoo

Now that I've spent about thirty hours with the Arya Stealth, I'd like to give an interim summary.

As already mentioned, I've owned almost all TOTL headphones in the last few years. Without a doubt, there are a lot of very very good headphones on the market.
Instead of listing countless models and describing their strengths and weaknesses, I'll focus on the most important thing at this moment:

the Arya Stealth.

To anticipate one thing:
the Arya Stealth is the best all-rounder I've had in my hands!

The start was bumpy.
I started this encounter with an A/B comparison to the HE6SE V2.
The HE6SE emerged as the winner.
Therefore I had almost given up on the Arya. However, this one didn't let me go.
Fortunately.
I quickly realized that my EQ setting
(I always work according to Oratory's settings, as a starting point), was not yet optimal.
And what is at least as important,
at least my brain needed a certain time,
in order to be able to grasp at all correctly, what is going on with the Stealth.
If you take both points into account,
the tide turns in favor of the Arya.

The Musical Adventure Arya Stealth.

A few days ago I listened to one of my favorite albums:

Move D - Building Bridges

Screenshot_20220719-091657_Neutron Player.jpg

That day I started to understand the Arya Stealth. The experience was terrific.
The Stealth is something very special.
Its entire presentation of the music is unique.
You have the impression of standing in front of damn huge speakers.
The presentation is not "only" 3D, it is huge!
Really huge!
Not in the sense of a big soundstage.
It is different. It is more. It's bigger.
Especially the bass is overwhelming,
in a positive sense.

Another special feature of this headphone is its unique ability to play between almost infinite resolution, and complete unobtrusiveness.
It sounds like the contradiction par excellence. Yes. But the Arya Stealth delivers just that! Unlike other headphones, e.g. LCD-5,
you never have the impression of being overwhelmed / "flooded" with details.

Especially these two points, make the Aray Stealth for me.

Considering now the first-class wearing comfort, and the street price of about 1300 €, you can not make a better purchase!

Great news.
Oratorys settings for the Stealth are online

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i1a1sahenngrrg/Hifiman Arya Stealth.pdf?dl=0

It is nice to see that with the Stealth, this downhill and uphill in the midrange is no longer present.

sss.JPG

Phoney

Your impression of the Stealth really reminds me of my impression with Arya v2! The way they present the bass is just so pleasing. Still my favourite headphone, but I am yet to try the Stealth (which I'm going to). It's true that the Arya models can be a bit strange until you get used to it. If I haven't listened to Arya for a while and listen to it again, it's very different and weird if I'm used to something else. But after another day or two with the Aryas I become very impressed again. I never trust my first impressions in general that much, because in most cases it will change with some time, either one way or the other.

Bow_Wazoo

I must confess that I do not remember the V2 so well.
I remember this metallic timbre.
I also found the sound too edgy...
The bass was also noticeably less punchy.
The pads were also not as deep as the V3.
What led to the fact that my ears touched the inside...

Phoney

I must confess that I do not remember the V2 so well.
I remember this metallic timbre.
I also found the sound too edgy...
The bass was also noticeably less punchy.
The pads were also not as deep as the V3.
What led to the fact that my ears touched the inside...

Did you try it with EQ? The v2 with oratory settings sounds pretty natural to me. I've never understood the comments about metallic timbre, but maybe it's because they listen to it without EQ.

Bow_Wazoo

I basically listen with Oratory's settings.
His parameters are the starting point for me.

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Upper mids and treble so good on this headphone. Even if it's bright there, it's a warranted brightness. Very detailed, solid and fun. Not bright, fatiguing and boring at the same time like some other headphones.

Bass and low mids a bit too thick i feel, little bit damped sounding.

The headphone can sound very impressive and realistic if the recording is good. Very high detail and transparency. The presentation makes things more visual.
I switched to bal out of zen can and the thickness in the lows gone. It's way more impressive and detailed now even with a more bass boost.

Top Bottom