• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help please with receiver choice

Beanman

I had an Arcam avr11 I had to return due to Wi-Fi issues. I have a 5.2.2 system with revel 226 up front. I have my choices narrowed to Marantz cinema 40/50 or nad 778. Any suggestions? I stream and do home theater 50/50.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Marantz cinema 40/50 or nad 778

JSmith

OP
B

Beanman

JSmith
I have read through the nad review. I tried to read the Marantz but gave up lol

Golfx

Forum Donor
I purchased a NAD amp a few years back. Its manual was obviously translated into English (poorly) and gave conflicting and incomplete advice. I was going to call NAD but they listed no phone number. I sent repeated emails but never got a response. Luckily I purchased it from Crutchfield who cheerfully allowed me to return the product. BTW Crutchfield Tech Support also could not figure out the manual or the setup issues.
NAD used to carry a reputation for high quality audiophile equipment. All those careful people obviously no longer work there.

TankTop

Denon/Marantz are much more reliable than NAD (HT receivers) and with the inclusion of Dirac D/Mis hands down the winner. The only thing I hate about D/M is HEOS

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Denon 3800 or 4800.

Maccie

I had an Arcam avr11 I had to return due to Wi-Fi issues. I have a 5.2.2 system with revel 226 up front. I have my choices narrowed to Marantz cinema 40/50 or nad 778. Any suggestions? I stream and do home theater 50/50.
I think you should at least listen to and consider Yamaha A4A or A6A.

Top Bottom