• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help for speakers decision: JBL 100 or JBL HDI 1600 + 2 x subwoofers

OP
A

Amateur2020

Too much ?

Never.

To me, subwoofers don't add punch, they add whoomp.
Hello Norman,
Maybe too much because JBL L100 are too big for the room, maybe not, I am afraid it is a matter of trial and error. With the subwoofers the target is complete the frequency range the lower the better.

Theriverlethe

Sorry, I am not familiar with REW. I trusted in the automatic correction of roomperfect.
REW will allow faster measurements, making experimentation easier. I'm not familiar with Roomperfect. Does it set delays (often erroneously called distance)? If so, try one sub in the middle of the front wall and one in the middle of the back wall, assuming a symmetrical room.

OP
A

Amateur2020

So finally it will be Wharfedale Linton + 2 x MIVOC subwoofers. I will not get them until the three wise kings come but later I will tell if I improved or not.
Merry Chritsmas you all.

OP
A

Amateur2020

Hello,
So finally I bought a pair of Wharfedale Linton which go with 2 x subwoofers MIVOC hype 10g2 and driven by a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 with roomperfect EQ.
After several days listening to them I think the sound improved from DALIs Zensor 5 + subs maybe because the 8" woofer instead of 5". Also the treble sound is very good.
In any case,
1) I think the master is the roomperfect EQ
2) The DALIs Zensor 5 are very good but 8" against 5" is not the same.
As a conclusion the most important part is the EQ.

Top Bottom