1. WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Happiness is ...

Discussion in 'Fun topics, videos, etc.' started by NorthSky, Nov 10, 2017.

1. RayDunzl

RayDunzl Major Contributor Central Scrutinizer

Having combined three households, I can feel pretty confident that simply having more stuff (in general) doesn't make me any happier.

Getting ready to go into severe throw-away mode around here to see what that does to me.

---
    How about Zen?

---

Nice quote there:

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's mind there are few."- Shunryu Sukuzi

2. NorthSky

NorthSky Major Contributor

Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
    [​IMG]
    Becoming a free human being in a 7.5 billion people's world living among us.
    Every day people born, people die.

I'm listening to a music album right now (on compact digital disc from a box-set):

[​IMG]

...All day, I got the time.

Here's a small extract:

Blumlein 88 likes this.
  3. Wombat

Wombat Member

I think Zen is the closest to the simplicity of the Buddha's teachings. I am influenced by it.

"You know your a professional when you don't like doing it any more"-Unknown musician.

4. tomelex

tomelex Addicted to Fun and Learning

About a week after your stuff is gone you will need one of those things, be happy!

5. tomelex

tomelex Addicted to Fun and Learning

6. Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88 Major Contributor

No kidding this must be some kind of karmic law. I have had things 10, 15 or even 20 years thinking they'll be needed and hard to find one day. Finally ditch them or sell them. Within 3 weeks I need exactly that thing. Not want it. Not could use it. NEED it. Has happened dozens of times.

Nevertheless, I think you are better off not keeping stuff and suffering thru the need or being forced to find alternatives.

Frank Dernie and fas42 like this.