• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Happiness is ...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
DNJlt_IWsAAGavG.jpg

... The November 2017 issue of National Geographic? ...Sure is; it's what's inside...the content.

By the way, "content" is French for "happy". It is also the same in English..."content" from contentment.

Anyone here who has been in Costa Rica, and frequented its inhabitants? ...With pictures?
...Or in Denmark? ...Singapore?
_____

* This is the thread for Happiness; only happy everything/anything can go in here, nothing else.
It could be an essay, a documentary, a text, pictures, videos, people, people, people, happy people from anywhere/everywhere.
It could also be a song, a happy song, or a book, or a film, or a painting, or a photograph, or a piece of art...sculpture, hologram, 3-dimensional people, a poem, a comedy, a narration, an article, a one-man/woman show, a flower, a tree, a forest, a forest of people, the Amazon, a mountain, the jungle, the animal kingdom, a cup of tea, a travelling trip, a snowflake, a raindrop, a river, an ocean, two oceans, all the world's oceans, a wave, a transmission of an audio signal containing a musical note(s), a design, a graphic design, a geometric form, a space phenomenon, a star, a galaxy, a glimpse, a vapor, a universe.

This is going to be a lot of fun, it's going to be exalting, elevating, sublime.
It's going to be the most active thread of the entire Internet, more active than Facebook, Twitter and Instagram combined all together.

You are welcome everyone to post here; it's everyone/anyone's thread.
You can contribute life @ its very best, for all senses and mind.

Just wait till it gets going; you just won't believe how much happiness is out there free to grab every single day. This is it; this is the thread without frontiers, without borders, without walls, ...it's in all colors even in black and white.

There are no limits, only the shy high.
Good humor is happiness too.

Who is going to moderate this thread so that it stays on track, on topic, on only happy stuff?
All of us, that's who, who else...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
* This is the thread for Happiness; only happy everything/anything can go in here, nothing else.
Thanks for creating this Bob. In this atmosphere of gloom and doom, it is nice to have a thread where we know one can find happiness. :)

Let's have everyone contribute with anything uplifting, happy, funny, etc.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Had no idea Costa Rica, Denmark and Singapore are the three places one finds happiness. Sadly I have never been to Costa Rica. Been to Singapore for a business meeting with the company that built and coined the first "thumb (flash) drive!" Had fantastic food but no time to look at anything else. Denmark I am sure I have been at the airport and that is that.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I see live people. Several members of my family have been to Costa Rica, many friends too.
I didn't make it; we ran out of cash being happy in Guatemala.
But I got pictures of Costa Rica, sent by family members when they were there. They are somewhere, inside a file, a picture file inside my computer.
In the next few days I will try to locate that file, and when I do I will share a happy picture or two.

I tell you what; this is much more than happiness people will discover in this thread...they will also discover themselves, and the true content inside.
...The true happy side, the real human values we sometime neglect to see clearly.
But fear no more, it's all coming down like rays of sun and songs of joy, even when it's raining on the wet coast.
I have a raincoat and three umbrellas.

Lol man, I can smell that happiness falling down hard like smooth blue jello...in slow-mo.

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
When things aren't going well, I cheer myself up by thinking "This too shall pass."
But when things are going well, I still find myself thinking, "This too shall pass."

fas42

Major Contributor
Bob, I'm of Germanic extraction, and the word that says it all for people like me is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemütlichkeit ... being in a good place, in your gut; at peace with the world. Happiness is not being in a razzle dazzle state - it's being comfortable with where things are at ...

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
You guys are all correct; happiness is not a constant. It comes and goes.
In psychology, the path to happiness is through periods of discomfort...one school.

We all find our own happiness, and money helps but not the end of it.
Depending of the spot where we are on the planet, our geographical positioning, and our surroundings, ...economics, cultural, natural, social status, ...the search for happiness in living day-to-day life, stressfree, healthy...body and soul, wealthy, trouble-free, solid friends, true love, enemies-free, caring, giving, sharing...is what our feelings are from where they come.

Here's a good study: https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ren-buffett-wealthier-than-poorest-half-of-us

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
That my friends, is as fast as climate change is flying by; happiness with it going for the ride.

I like smooth and slow music, to calm me right down in comfort town.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
The Beatles; the music band that brought and still bring happiness in many people across the universe...bless them all in peace.
___

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/10/psy...g-your-money-on-this-can-boost-happiness.html
___

The Art of Happiness
Ah, happiness, that elusive state. Philosophers, theologians, psychologists, even economists, have long sought to define it, and since the 1990s, a whole branch of psychology—positive psychology—has been dedicated to pinning it down and propagating it. More than simply positive mood, happiness is a state of well-being that encompasses living a good life—that is, with a sense of meaning and deep satisfaction.

Research shows that happiness is not the result of bouncing from one joy to the next; achieving happiness typically involves times of considerable discomfort. Money is important to happiness, but only to a certain point. Money buys freedom from worry about the basics in life—housing, food, clothing. Genetic makeup, life circumstances, achievements, marital status, social relationships, even your neighbors—all influence how happy you are. Or can be.

So do individual ways of thinking and expressing feeling. Researchers estimate that much of happiness is under personal control. Regularly indulging in small pleasures (such as warm baths!), getting absorbed in challenging activities, setting and meeting goals, maintaining close social ties, and finding purpose beyond oneself are all actions that increase life satisfaction.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Wombat

Master Contributor
DNJlt_IWsAAGavG.jpg

DNJlt_IWsAAGavG.jpg

... The November 2017 issue of National Geographic? ...Sure is; it's what's inside...the content.

By the way, "content" is French for "happy". It is also the same in English..."content" from contentment.

Anyone here who has been in Costa Rica, and frequented its inhabitants? ...With pictures?
_____

It could be an essay, a documentary, a text, pictures, videos, people, people, people, happy people from anywhere/everywhere.
It could also be a song, a happy song, or a book, or a film, or a painting, or a photograph, or a piece of art...sculpture, hologram, 3-dimensional people, a poem, a comedy, a narration, an article, a one-man/woman show, a flower, a tree, a forest, a forest of people, the Amazon, a mountain, the jungle, the animal kingdom, a cup of tea, a travelling trip, a snowflake, a raindrop, a river, an ocean, two oceans, all the world's oceans, a wave, a transmission of an audio signal containing a musical note(s), a design, a graphic design, a geometric form, a space phenomenon, a star, a galaxy, a glimpse, a vapor, a universe.

This is going to be a lot of fun, it's going to be exalting, elevating, sublime.
It's going to be the most active thread of the entire Internet, more active than Facebook, Twitter and Instagram combined all together.

Just wait till it gets going; you just won't believe how much happiness is out there free to grab every single day. This is it; this is the thread without frontiers, without borders, without walls, ...it's in all colors even in black and white.

Who is going to moderate this thread so that it stays on track, on topic, on only happy stuff?

_____

Wombat

Master Contributor

I think Buddha came up with answer(s) way back when. His philosophy is simple but has been made complex by acolytes and self-aggradisers turning it into a religion over time.

It is basically, live in the now and do no harm.

http://www.sapphyr.net/buddhist/buddhist-core.htm

I am not a Buddhist because the paranormal, ritual and ceremony stuff is not for me but the fundamental philosophy for happiness is good but not easy to practise in a capitalist society.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am not a Buddhist because the paranormal, ritual and ceremony stuff is not for me but the fundamental philosophy for happiness is good but not easy to practise in a capitalist society.
That's the barrier, isn't it?

Top Bottom