• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Ashley Salmond

Forum Donor
Ashley, it was a joke. Mola Mola is something like 10000 or 15000$, I do not want buy so much expansive component!

I've allready plenty of DAC at home, brands like Topping, SMSL, SABAJ. Every time under 500$.

Then I bought the X16 because I am curious.
Hi Renaud, I just bought a Gustardx16 and I was happy with the performance. But it had this problem, dot of lease keep a intermittent click or jitter every 3 seconds or so. I also have a topping d50 another good sounding dad, but the coaxial doesn't work, so I thought I would try the Smsl su9. Have you any issues with your dacs

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Hi Renaud, I just bought a Gustardx16 and I was happy with the performance. But it had this problem, dot of lease keep a intermittent click or jitter every 3 seconds or so. I also have a topping d50 another good sounding dad, but the coaxial doesn't work, so I thought I would try the Smsl su9. Have you any issues with your dacs

Maybe your source is not correct or your coax cable is not correct. Before to buy another DAC to solve a problem, try to be sure your current DACs are the problem!

Try any RCA cable as coax cable to see if it is not from your current cable. And also, what is your source?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
While the burn in process is taking place, I am changing the fuse.

If I didnt think Gustard might be in trouble before seeing this, I certainly do now.

cecelo01

My English is bad. I am saying that while the dac is going through the burn in process, I am exchanging its fuse for a better quality one.

cecelo01

With dac everything is ok! Mine has only 40 hours of use. Even with little time, it is working perfectly. So far, I have not seen a negative point in this dac. Excellent product! Very musical! Super satisfied.

pomfritz

I guess your running some form of proprietary connection type or you would just use the AES in etc on each of the 3 X16s?
Yes, actually I'm connected to a RME soundcard with 16 AES ins/outs. I plan to keep it as is for connections.

pomfritz

Why dont you just connect to the AES in then and be happy that the X16 is totaly transparent?
Because, I'm not sure to understand the relationship between DAC's master clock (including FIFO management, etc...) and SPDIF clock when running multiple DACs. DACs with external clock input are out of my budget.

ABall

Forum Donor
Because, I'm not sure to understand the relationship between DAC's master clock (including FIFO management, etc...) and SPDIF clock when running multiple DACs. DACs with external clock input are out of my budget.
I could be wrong but I would of thought you dont need to worry about all that but I would start a new thread where you may get more technical help.

frankh

While the burn in process is taking place, I am changing the fuse.

If the Gustard HIFI fuse is really so good and effective in making the X16 sound much better then why doesn't Gustard include this fuse into the X16? That will add a big selling point to the X16 and they can use that to advertise their supercharged effective HIFI fuse right??? As far as I know, my X16 is sounding just fine without it.

cecelo01

Simple!! Think my friend. MORE PROFIT! Our world is capitalist. It always aims at profit.

Top Bottom