• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Goodbye, Tidal

Raindog123

Major Contributor
My story is somewhat complicated... I was a Tidal HiFi user from Jan'16 - first got a one-year subscription with an Auralic streamer and stayed with it... In mid-2020 I converted to family Tidal (still hifi, for my needs/desires) - to separate music preferences of my wife, both kids and mine (4 of us total)... However, in Oct'20 I essentially left tidal - downgraded the service to [below-hifi] "premium" as my family did not mind (and still are the Tidal users). While I myself moved to hi-res Qobuz.

Tidal drove me away by their ongoing push to (a) restrict access of non-MQA-certified apps/HW to their MQA content and (b) their apparent transition to MQA-only hifi offering. As I enjoy and cherish my non-MQA DACs, though I also own two MQA-capable ones.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello! I would like to try tidal and have my own opinion. But I don't know about these plans to stay, I've seen them here. Someone here who has already used it and can guide me a little please. Thank you

Well, there is usually a month or more free trial or at least trial for a couple of $$ so why not give it a go. That link looks to be a bit dodgy, even translated to english its not much good. I would just go to official tidal site and see the offers in your territory.

nikky

If you have an Amazon Prime membership, Amazon Prime Music is a pretty good choice, especially with no charge. And you can enjoy subsidization to upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited.

johnweems

Tidal launched the free tier recently. And the HIFI tier was cut down to $10/month. That makes Tidal become attractive again cuz it is pretty easy to use my Tidizer to download Tidal songs for offline listening without a subscription.

Top Bottom