• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Goodbye, Tidal

castle

Hello! I would like to try tidal and have my own opinion. But I don't know about these plans to stay, I've seen them here. Someone here who has already used it and can guide me a little please. Thank you

My story is somewhat complicated... I was a Tidal HiFi user from Jan'16 - first got a one-year subscription with an Auralic streamer and stayed with it... In mid-2020 I converted to family Tidal (still hifi, for my needs/desires) - to separate music preferences of my wife, both kids and mine (4 of us total)... However, in Oct'20 I essentially left tidal - downgraded the service to [below-hifi] "premium" as my family did not mind (and still are the Tidal users). While I myself moved to hi-res Qobuz.

Tidal drove me away by their ongoing push to (a) restrict access of non-MQA-certified apps/HW to their MQA content and (b) their apparent transition to MQA-only hifi offering. As I enjoy and cherish my non-MQA DACs, though I also own two MQA-capable ones.

Jimbob54

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello! I would like to try tidal and have my own opinion. But I don't know about these plans to stay, I've seen them here. Someone here who has already used it and can guide me a little please. Thank you
Well, there is usually a month or more free trial or at least trial for a couple of $$ so why not give it a go. That link looks to be a bit dodgy, even translated to english its not much good. I would just go to official tidal site and see the offers in your territory.