• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tidal Atmos on Echo Studios

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have two paired Echo Studios and an Echo sub for my bedroom setup. I knew they could play Atmos/spatial audio from Amazon Music HD.

I noticed that Tidal can be linked to Alexa so I did it.

Said "Alexa, play Aurora's album Sky Concert in the Light from Tidal". That is one that Tidal lists as Dolby Atmos.

It worked and actually sounded great. The Echo Studios have up firing speakers in addition to side and front speakers. It wasn't as good as my multiple speaker Atmos setup in the living room, but it was really good.

Note: If you have an Echo Studio, adjust the bass, treble and mids in the Alexa app after the Echo Studio has adjusted itself to your room. There only issue I have with them is the lack of a balance control in the app when using them paired. You have to depend on finding the right positions for them.

Tidal Connect does not "see" the Echo devices and neither does Roon. Spotify Connect does "see" them and works well with them.

Top Bottom