• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good and affordable alternatives to Belkin PF Surge protectors and Power conditioners

Jayce996

Hello there,

I used to have a Belkin PF40 when I was living in France, and now I'm living in USA and have had to sell my Belkin as it was said it was not compatible.

Now I need to buy a new thing like the Belkin PF product in order to use my gears knowing that my amplifiers need to be powered via a 12V trigger.

So I'm searching on the aftermarket some Pf60 and in parallel alternatives new.

What are you using or what do you recommend?

I need 10 to 13 slots, some always on, some controlled via the trigger coming from my Preamp.
Thanks in advance

AudiOhm

Did you bring your equipment from France to the USA?

Ohms

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The PF60 was excellent with individually switched 12V triggers for each bank.
1692631557430.png

I still use one although I don’t know how long it will keep working.

The closest thing are the Panamax and Furman, but they have fixed definitions of what is switched and unswitched.

1692631586651.jpeg

I don’t think the filtering matters anymore with modern gear.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
sadly not, I did call Belkin to know if it would be compatible, and they told me that no it won't, so i sold it ...
France is 220V and the U.S. is 117V. Belkin has an over voltage relay which is probably set at 137V give or take.

When you use the French model, it may also trigger an under volt condition or fail to stop an over voltage scenario.

OP
J

Jayce996

The PF60 was excellent with individually switched 12V triggers for each bank.
View attachment 307030

I still use one although I don’t know how long it will keep working.

The closest thing are the Panamax and Furman, but they have fixed definitions of what is switched and unswitched.

View attachment 307032
I don’t think the filtering matters anymore with modern gear.

Yes I was looking at the PF60 online but do not find any opportunity to buy a used version of it.
regarding Panamax and Furman i found them too, but as i do not know how reliable they could be i wanted to have your advises guys ! at least the panamax as a trigger that is already a good thing
looking forward on these products

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I used one of these for several years before it died during a storm - did it's job, no harm done to the gear downstream!
(I still haven't bothered to open it up to see what failed.)
Not hard to find for not much $ on ebay.

Top Bottom