• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

DualTriode

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Why not use the RCA out for A2P and balanced out to the speakers ?
Hello All,

The DAC XLR outputs could feed the ARCHEL 2.5 PRO headphone amplifier.

In this case the ARCHEL 2 PRO has RCA inputs; the Parasound Zamp v.3 desktop power amp also has RCA inputs. No XLR’s here.

For another day; we will see what the analyzer has to say about the Zamp v.3.

Thanks DT

bequietjk

I feel like Geshellis next DAC SINAD is going to measure 0.00000000004

Harry

Hello All,
The performance of this amplifier seems unbelievable.
Maybe it seems a little bit ignorant question, will there be any problem if I use it as a preamp feeding poweramp using a cable like this?
change1.jpeg

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Hello All,
The performance of this amplifier seems unbelievable.
Maybe it seems a little bit ignorant question, will there be any problem if I use it as a preamp feeding poweramp using a cable like this?
View attachment 41055
Technically possible and if works should work like a charm. But look out for ground loop issue as it's not balanced.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Hello All,

The DAC XLR outputs could feed the ARCHEL 2.5 PRO headphone amplifier.

In this case the ARCHEL 2 PRO has RCA inputs; the Parasound Zamp v.3 desktop power amp also has RCA inputs. No XLR’s here.

For another day; we will see what the analyzer has to say about the Zamp v.3.

Thanks DT

You can still use the XLR outs and connect those to RCA.
Just make sure you use an XLR-3 to RCA cable and NOT and RCA to XLR cable as the latter will short the output of the ENOG2

DualTriode

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You can still use the XLR outs and connect those to RCA.
Just make sure you use an XLR-3 to RCA cable and NOT and RCA to XLR cable as the latter will short the output of the ENOG2

Hello,

I got it!

I have six of those that I used for my tri-amp speakers.
They are too big and bulky to use on the desktop.
The RCA’s will get the first tryout.

Thanks DT

headwhacker

Forum Donor
The Archel 2.5 PRO is already available. I hope 1 is on it's way to Amir for measurements. Regardless, I just ordered one to support what Geshelli is doing for this hobby. Just receive the Archel 2 Pro and M500. I'm surprise to see how small these stuff are. I was expecting they would look a bit bigger

WHO23

Forum Donor
Geshelli Labs Archel2.5 PRO is available for $179. It features XLR balanced inputs that “will perform noise rejection in hardware” though output is still SE. The output is increased to 1W@16Ω and the Op-amp has been upgraded from the TI OPA1652 to OPA1656. I just purchased one to support the company :D
Archel.png

Last edited:

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I have been enjoying the Archel2 Pro since it came in. Wonderful amp.
I actually haven't turned my THX 789 on in a week now as I have just been using my Oppo PM-2 with it. The performance is nothing short of incredible!

headwhacker

Forum Donor
I have been enjoying the Archel2 Pro since it came in. Wonderful amp.
I actually haven't turned my THX 789 on in a week now as I have just been using my Oppo PM-2 with it. The performance is nothing short of incredible!
If you get both Archel2 and 2.5, still cheaper that 789. However, you lose the balanced output and settlement for 1-Watt max power.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
If you get both Archel2 and 2.5, still cheaper that 789. However, you lose the balanced output and settlement for 1-Watt max power.
Except that Archel doesn't have passthrough so you would only be able to use one :p

The 789 is still the ultimate amp for its power output and stuff. But this is cheaper and actually measures better. I am surprised at the quality of this Amp overall as even the volume pot is nice!

Tizziano

What does it mean guys??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191206-221343.png
    Screenshot_20191206-221343.png
    306.5 KB · Views: 364
Top Bottom