• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

Tks

Major Contributor
Probably, IIRC before literally this review, Geshelli stack was barely recommended outside people who watched Zeos. People were recommending me the Atom 90% of the time when I mentioned I was choosing the Geshelli or Atom+D50s.

Reason being, unconfirmed objective measurements were not available.

You could say the reverse in the Zeos sphere, when he made the Airist R2R Dac video.. I think we all here for the most part can agree, his sentiments there aren't very valid (though I will give him props for bringing up the stolen design discussions).

badboygolf16v

Forum Donor
Received mine a couple of days ago. I'm in the UK and found that the supplied PSU made the unit susceptible to interference from WiFi and ground loops. Replacing with a Class I power adapter i.e. 3 pin seems to have fixed it.

I had this problem with my Koss ESP 95/X energiser.

DavidS

Received mine a couple of days ago. I'm in the UK and found that the supplied PSU made the unit susceptible to interference from WiFi and ground loops. Replacing with a Class I power adapter i.e. 3 pin seems to have fixed it.

I had this problem with my Koss ESP 95/X energiser.
Can you say what you bought please?
David

Got mine today, lovely little amp, and with a coated naked alloy with smoked plates on special order to match my Cyrus 7amp and Cyrus 7CD, goes well with my HE-4XX which I was worried about. Fantastic personal service from Geshelli. Recommended ****

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Inside there is a 2W DCDC converter powering the amp so max drawn power will be around 2.5W meaning a 0.3A/12V power should be enough.
Some DCDC converters, however, draw some more current to start so to be safe a 6W (12V/0.5A) will be more than enough.

TimW

Major Contributor
Just received mine. Got it in Red with smoked endplates. Really like the nice thick paint they put on this enclosure, looks better then anodized red finish imo. Nice that you can turn off the internal LEDs or change the color. The "Purple" setting just looks like red and blue though. Also when you turn it on the red and blue LEDs flash and it makes me feel like I'm about to get another speeding ticket. Changing the input or gain causes relays inside to click which is always cool in my book. Volume knob is a little bigger and smoother feeling than my O2 amp which is nice. I noticed in the manual there is a sentence in bold stating "ALWAYS TURN THE VOLUME TO ZERO BEFORE TURNING OFF AMP." Indeed there is a turn off thump and also a turn on click sound heard through the headphones. If you have sensitive headphones it would be best to follow this rule. The only other issue I've noticed is that the power supply cable is fairly short.

ripvw

Forum Donor
Got mine today, lovely little amp, and with a coated naked alloy with smoked plates on special order to match my Cyrus 7amp and Cyrus 7CD, goes well with my HE-4XX which I was worried about. Fantastic personal service from Geshelli. Recommended ****
Got mine today, lovely little amp, and with standard black alloy with smoked plates which looks ok next to my Topping D50S/P50 combo, goes well with my Etymotic ER4SR which I had no worries about. Fantastic personal service from Geshelli. Recommended ****

deanwoods22

badboygolf16v

Forum Donor
Hi, thanks for the heads up :)

I'm in the UK too, and mine's arriving tomorrow. Do I have to buy one of these? Would it fit the plug that the Enog comes with?

Only if you are having interference or ground loop issues with the supplied adapter. I could not use it without these issues.

deanwoods22

No you just need one got these Plug Adapter unless your powered gang has the already adapted slots like this 3 gang

Thank you! I've got a couple of similar plug adapters like this lying around. Do you think I can use those or would you recommend the Jecub one you posted, in particular?

deanwoods22

Only if you are having interference or ground loop issues with the supplied adapter. I could not use it without these issues.

Ok, got you, thanks.

rubley00

Probably, IIRC before literally this review, Geshelli stack was barely recommended outside people who watched Zeos. People were recommending me the Atom 90% of the time when I mentioned I was choosing the Geshelli or Atom+D50s.

Got my Archel2 Pro today, and very soon will be teamed with a D50s :) (D30 for now)

Top Bottom