• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

WOLFAGRAM

Price difference is more than 50% and I don't like spending my money on feature I done need (or probably I use only once but volume knob I can buy and connect to GLM is an interesting invention tbh :))
I am thinking about getting myself the whole 8330 + 7350 + GLM combo. Having similar thoughts about my money well invested, but also not sure if the conventional wisdom of "Use only once" applies here. The thing is, being used ONLY ONCE can be seen as a proof that the GLM is doing it's work properly. If you do not change listening spaces, a good calibration system is a "Fit and forget" solution. Also, something being used this many or that many times tells nothing about the magnitude of difference in performance before/after the use. If they sound horrible before GLM and great after it, it is probably money well spent even in "Used only once" situation (depending on the budget - competition offerings considerations).

YSC

Major Contributor
I am thinking about getting myself the whole 8330 + 7350 + GLM combo. Having similar thoughts about my money well invested, but also not sure if the conventional wisdom of "Use only once" applies here. The thing is, being used ONLY ONCE can be seen as a proof that the GLM is doing it's work properly. If you do not change listening spaces, a good calibration system is a "Fit and forget" solution. Also, something being used this many or that many times tells nothing about the magnitude of difference in performance before/after the use. If they sound horrible before GLM and great after it, it is probably money well spent even in "Used only once" situation (depending on the budget - competition offerings considerations).
If I were not using my setup in a computer setup I may go that route also, use once and forget is nice, but life changes and genelec products usually last long, so say in some renovation or changing in room setup, one quick sweep and get the job done is really a nice to have when needed capability IMO

HiMu

so say in some renovation or changing in room setup, one quick sweep and get the job done is really a nice to have when needed capability IMO
If one decides to place acoustic treatments or otherwise fine tune their listening spot, the GRADE report is quite handy tool for basic problem solving.

Top Bottom