• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8050B Speaker Review (and how to read speaker measurements)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hmmm. That would basically render most of Amir's testing (apart from speaker testing) as irrelevant; not much different than his own debunking of the minuscule effects of cables and EMF. The relevant measure is not audibility (loosely based at 120 dB) but noticeability given the distortion and noise limits of current speakers, which is a much more cheaply achievable ~70 dB (or lower than the value of the most broken DAC's known to man).
The dynamic range I specify is based on max playback level of 110 to 115 dBSPL. The goal there is total silence when nothing is playing. This speaker doesn't reach 115 dBSPL, nor is it silent when nothing is playing. So in that regard, its amplification performance in this speaker is deficient.

Moonhead

Excuse my ignorance, but why do 8050
have a better ref. score than KH310?
I know KH80 has smaller woofer than 8030,
but Both measure almost perfectly.

Top Bottom