• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 95 20.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 356 75.9%

• Total voters

EddNog

jvdburgt

But in all seriousness, do we have any clue what time exactly the fun will start on the 20th?

EddNog

But in all seriousness, do we have any clue what time exactly the fun will start on the 20th?
Even if we squeeze a time out of them, they’ll never reveal the time zone

-Ed

Cal_Cobra

Heck I'm not even sure the "early bird code" I received after completing their V3 Early Bird google form is correct.

This could be an epic product launch o_O

Sean B

I've just Amazon returned 2x ZA3 amps I've been trialing to run a pair of Dynaudio S40. They woke them up, to the point I had to use tone defeat in the small room that house them. Ran each through XLR to Tangent Pre Amp II. Then these V3 Mono have been announced I've followed loosely at first, but the more I thought about the wasted features in use of a pair of ZA3's, the way Fosi have addressed the issues of these mighty little class D amps I'm all in at this point, if they make an all access pre amp to go with it with tone control including balance for RCA I'd have that over the 4 figure English A class I've been long debated, knowing the watts per $£ are unmatched. Nice one Fosi.

Inertiaman

Forum Donor
Have they actually sent *codes* to people? I signed up, which generated an email to me with a graphic of a 30% coupon, but clicking on the graphic just takes you to the Fosi website which in turn tells you to go to Kickstarter.

I sure hope they design amplifiers better than they design discount promotions.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi there, new here and also looking forward to get my hands on some of these V3 mono's, to replace my Yahama AX-892 that I currently use as amp for my fronts.

@Fosi Audio : My question is whether these blocks will only be sold in pairs, or also individually? Other than a pair of these for my fronts, I would like to get an extra (single) one for my center speaker as well.
You can buy a single set indeed.

jokan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I thought about those then read many reviews of how the Nakamichi brand name is just used to peddle good just like so many of the good ‘ole brands. Private investment firms milk the name for more profit.

I used to use Mediabridge bananas, then I stuck a magnet to them one day…all pot metal.
Nakamichi was bought out many, many years ago, over a decade ago. I think the brand Hi-Fonics took over for a while, same as Soundstream

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

rgruber

Know this is subjective, which is verboten here, but do you think a pair of Fosi monoblocks would be an improvement sound wise over the XTZ-Edge A-300 that Amir tested here:

Have had the XTZ in my system and generally like it, very solid bass and well defined highs but maybe a little lacking in midrange, but wondering if the newer generations of class D represent a meaning improvement in sound.

Guddu

Know this is subjective, which is verboten here, but do you think a pair of Fosi monoblocks would be an improvement sound wise over the XTZ-Edge A-300 that Amir tested here:

Have had the XTZ in my system and generally like it, very solid bass and well defined highs but maybe a little lacking in midrange, but wondering if the newer generations of class D represent a meaning improvement in sound.
Technical specifications and measurements show that v3 mono is better, but a2-300 has loads of more power in comparison.
I own a2-300 as well, I wouldn’t buy it over v3 mono if I am choosing between two and will go with v3 mono for its price & performance.
However, Changing from a2-300 to v3 mono is different thing, I am hoping I could do some quick comparison when I get v3 mono.

EddNog

It looks like, based on the measured SINAD of 88, the Fosi ZA3 in stereo mode would sound extremely similar, in mono mode might actually sound inferior, and the V3 Mono would sound cleaner. Whether the difference is perceptible may be up for debate.

This is the answer you will receive around here.

In other places like Audiogon forums, they’ll tell you that the best way to find out is to try and audition them if possible and compare them for yourself with your own ears. I sit somewhere in the middle, personally, I trust that when the measured SINAD is close, my ears probably cannot hear a difference up to a point because lack of distortion is lack of distortion. Beyond that, however, I like to experiment with the, “flavor,” of the sound, by purposefully introducing distortion to suit my taste, hence why I’ve rolled the op-amps in my ZA3s (I plan to roll them into my V3 Monos when I get them), and I use a Schiit Freya+ in tube buffer mode for that, “special sauce,” when doing critical listening (I use solid state buffer mode when just playing background music as I work from home).

All that being said, I completely understand the fact that, “audiophile magic,” is merely purposefully introduced distortion.

-Ed

Guddu

1713446589947.png

Now you have exact time with time zone!!!
I like how @Fosi Audio are able to make their product launch an event…. Amazing.

tomtoo

Major Contributor

Cant lack in miderange completly linear. Must be something else in your system that lacks midrange

EddNog

Top Bottom