• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

maty

Major Contributor
50K -> Is OPA827 best choice?

fosi_v3_inside-50k.png

BeQuietZen

New review of Fosi Audio V3 with measurements and comparation with Aiyima A07 on some new YouTube channel.

Great results BTW, and whopping 220W (1% THD) with 48V PSU (not original one from Fosi if I'm right).

Fosi Audio V3 vs Aiyima A07 b.JPG

Also Fosi Audio V3 can persist more stressing (with 48V PSU) thanks to better cooling. :)

Fosi Audio V3 vs Aiyima A07 c.JPG

Last edited:

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Nice video and review - pretty thorough. I was not expecting that much of a difference re the thermal shutdown/time issues. For users wanting higher power levels, this seems to be a significant design improvement over the A07...

Thermionics

I'm going to spring for this for two reasons (well, three):
  1. The 3.5mm pre out option.
  2. The power switch integrated with the volume knob.
  3. The power rating / SINAD / S/N Ratio.
This would replace the Topping TP21 that I've been using to drive my Orb Audio nearfield speakers for computer audio. The 3.5mm out will allow me to hook up an AudioEngine S8 sub that I've had kicking around, and the front volume control will mean I don't have to jamb my hand under the monitor to turn on sound.

(I'm using a Grace SDAC for the USB --> line out digital to analogue conversion)

The power handling / specs speak for themselves.

Graham849

Forum Donor
I would guess that the v3 case will run hotter than other models since the case is the heat sink. This heat is why I chose 32v. It should run cooler.
Lucio writes in his review "
  • The entire cabinet has been designed to act as a heat sink. I have to say that, even listening for hours to the limit of its capabilities, it didn't warm up at all."
So why are some v3's so hot?

maudio

Fosi is gonna wipe the floor with AHB2 - even if the test results are not quite there - but for that price!?

Maybe it's time for Stereophile to consider reviewing it like they reviewed Topping Preamp90.

maudio

Lucio writes in his review "
  • The entire cabinet has been designed to act as a heat sink. I have to say that, even listening for hours to the limit of its capabilities, it didn't warm up at all."
So why are some v3's so hot?
They are so hot bcos they run on 48V which is kinda the upper limit for TPA3255.
That's why i ordered mine with 32V. Less power but also less heat.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm very confident about the performance, but first I want to see Amir's measurements.
The only real issue I have with the Fosi amps is the load dependency, if they fix that with those sinad numbers and that power they will have marked a new very high peak in budget amps

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i see those prelim performance figures arent that big a deal

we knew they would be better but you're hitting against the limits of the architecture itself

i mean among the TPA3255 units this is the one to get for a whole slew of reasons, if you're sure the limited feature set works for you

i'm wondering if a 32v psu but with more amps would be ok? 7.5 amps?

48v but the same amperage?

Talisman

Forum Donor
there is a comparison review between A07 and V3

This video is pretty weird though.
He only uploaded this video, but it's done very well, not like someone who just started making videos.
He says he is active on asr but no one is coming forward in the dedicated asr thread to claim the video and the method.
It's a sin to think badly but it's often right, my grandfather said

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I'm very confident about the performance, but first I want to see Amir's measurements.
The only real issue I have with the Fosi amps is the load dependency, if they fix that with those sinad numbers and that power they will have marked a new very high peak in budget amps
Amir may share the measurement in the following few days, which we also look forward to.

leelee

I'm looking to buy a budget 2 channel fosi amp with a 48v power supply to power 2 buttkicker lfe mini bass transducers for home theater usage. Each buttkicker is 4ohms and will be crossed over to play only 50hz and below. I've narrowed it down between the tb10d, bt20a pro and the fosi v3. Looking at the internals and it looks like the tb10d has 4 capacitors (2200uF 50v) whereas the bt20a pro has 2 caps (2200uf 50v) and the v3 also has 2 caps (2200uf 65v). Based on capacitance values, would the tb10d be the best of the 3 for subwoofer like duties or would the v3 be a better option based on its better thermal capabilities?

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
50K -> Is OPA827 best choice?

View attachment 293483
We recorded a video demonstrating the V3 using various op-amps including NE5532, JRC4580D, Sparkos SS3602, MUSES02 and OPA2604. After uploading to YouTube, the audio quality might not be the best, but you can still use it as a reference.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Fosi is gonna wipe the floor with AHB2 - even if the test results are not quite there - but for that price!?

Maybe it's time for Stereophile to consider reviewing it like they reviewed Topping Preamp90.
We would be delighted to invite more users, professional institutions, and media outlets to assist us in testing and experiencing our products, as we believe this is the wellspring of our product development. By the way, I was wondering if you happen to have any friends who are into Stereophile that you could introduce to us.:D We have been in touch with them, but unfortunately, we haven't had the opportunity yet to have them test our products.

maudio

We would be delighted to invite more users, professional institutions, and media outlets to assist us in testing and experiencing our products, as we believe this is the wellspring of our product development. By the way, I was wondering if you happen to have any friends who are into Stereophile that you could introduce to us.:D We have been in touch with them, but unfortunately, we haven't had the opportunity yet to have them test our products.
I don't personally, but @Kal Rubinson has been around on this forum and he made a very good review on Topping Pre90.

Talisman

Forum Donor
Amir's review just came out. I was hoping for better, I'm a little disappointed.
@Fosi Audio when will we be able to have an amplifier without load dependence? those 5 sinad points gained compared to the bt20a pro are ok, but they don't make a difference.
Please don't go Topping's bad road. Sinad is not all.

Chesapeake HT

I see that the V3 is now available through Amazon with the 32V5A power supply. It doesn’t seem there is an option to select the 48V5A power supply. @Fosi Audio , is that option going to be available soon? Or at least before June 26 when the early bird discount code expires? (The 48V5A supply is available separately.). Thanks!

Top Bottom