• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 53 25.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 138 67.0%

• Total voters

Kevbaz

Ok I am torn between this and the blessing 2 (dusk or reular) . I am comming from Arias which I love but want to go to the next level. Considering anything in the $200 - $300 range. Fd5 measured much better but I have a feeling I might like the b2 more being used to moondrops. Suggestions?
Have you tried the Truthears x ZERO, I prefer them to the Moondrop Blessing2. They are only 50 quid so worth a try.
Kev

Blorg

Ok I am torn between this and the blessing 2 (dusk or reular) . I am comming from Arias which I love but want to go to the next level. Considering anything in the $200 - $300 range. Fd5 measured much better but I have a feeling I might like the b2 more being used to moondrops. Suggestions?
I have both the FD5 and both Blessing 2s (Dusk and regular). I would rank either Blessing 2 WELL above this, really much better tuned and no comparison. They are actually quite close to each other but I prefer the Dusk to the OG. Dusk is also closest to the Aria. Dusk has more sub bass, better separated bass (the OG is warm gentle bass slope), and is also slightly less shouty through the upper mids. The OG is not that much different though, they are very similar IEMs. I prefer the Dusk but if you found the OG secondhand for half the price, it could be worth it. If you are looking at MSRP, or even if the OG was like 15-20% cheaper, I'd take the Dusk.
1664117212011.png

The FD5 is not terrible but the tuning is subtly off, it is too boomy in the bass with too much mid bass and then is wobbly and harsh in the upper mids with three large peaks around 2.5kHz, 5.5kHz and 8kHz. Amir's EQ does help with this a lot and brings it much closer actually to the Dusk stock tuning. But the Dusk you have that stock and it just sounds great.

1664117279188.png

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the Blessing 2 and the Truthear Zero and they are closer than one would think. Only at higher volumes did the B2 outshine the Zero.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Can anyone recommend some new foam tips for these, please? I need more isolation.

Thanks!

zax301

i just created an accout to thank Amir, these eq settings are what cured my Fd5. they sound so f good atm. i ve tried dozens of generated eq settings from squig, other audiophiles and nothing compares to his 4 simple steps.

I have fiio Fd5+ ifi go blu with Xbass, nothing was good on PC besides on smartphone Fiio FD5 + ifi go blu + s23ultra (ldac ON) + wavelet Fiio FD5 auto eq + dolby atmos enabled. i use sp 800 i think, or cp 145, no ideea; bought them a year ago and left them on shelf cause they sounded hard, nausea.. after a year i gave them another try and some will to search for good settings and here i am..

now i can listen to anything, i mean anything. no distortion and are way easier on brain damage. i can listen non stop music.

if you wanna test his settings i'll give you some distorted songs and after eq they sound perfect : SennaRin - SAIHATE, Call me manny, 剪刀刺客 (动画《刺客伍六七》主题曲), I REALLY WANT TO STAY AT YOUR HOUSE by Rosa Walton & Hallie Coggins, Derek & The Dominos Layla, Anda Adam - Selecta , Velonica Aqua Timez, Dve Nevesti (macedonia),Gustavo Santaollala - The last of us, Rhapsody - Dawn of Victory, Eminem - Till i Collapse

Love to Amir from Romania!

Last edited:
Top Bottom