• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

External grounding devices?

Barry_Sound

Hi guys, I came across this thing and I´m curious what it is supposed to do in theorey? It´s called "Matisse The Conductor". I dont know about the company or if still exists. There is a mode switch but I have no idea what it does.

matisse_001.jpg

Google translate only produces a mess

Roland68

Major Contributor
Hi guys, I came across this thing and I´m curious what it is supposed to do in theorey? It´s called "Matisse The Conductor". I dont know about the company or if still exists. There is a mode switch but I have no idea what it does.

View attachment 340481

At this point you should turn on your brain.
The device is connected to any output of the preamplifier (left OR right) and otherwise has no connection to the power supply or anywhere else.
Because the unused signal lines in a preamplifier are separated by a relay or switch. The connection is exclusively to the ground of the preamplifier.

And now please ask yourself what a device can do that only has a single connection to the signal ground of the preamplifier and is otherwise completely hanging in the air...

I would also completely cover the innards of such a device with epoxy glue so that none of the buyers can track down the nonsense.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I came across this thing and I´m curious what it is supposed to do in theorey?

Separate you from your money.

Beyond that, not a thing.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I doubt it even has dirt in it. How can you get a good ground without dirt?

/:D

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I doubt it even has dirt in it. How can you get a good ground without dirt?

/:D
You could bury it in the garden.
Keith

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd roll it over some dough to make bread sticks perfect every time. Audibly it won't help do anything though. I just use amps and DACs that have 3 prong power cords and that solved the ground loop problems I ran into years back.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
useless-box-box.gif

Roland68

Major Contributor

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Bigger questsion is why do you need to ask? Hopefully you didn't buy it :)

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I actually found the translation to be pretty readable... but your reaction is understandable because what the guy is saying doesn't make sense in either language. The gist: This totally passive device connected to any input on any device somehow makes CDs not sound "digital".

So we can say this device is very effective for its intended purpose only: separating fools from their money.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
On the other hand:
Nothing good will happen if you add an another isolated connection to Planet Earth and sometimes bad things can happen.

A very smart Canadian electrical engineer and ham put it very poetically in lectures he gave on the topic -- "the Earth is not a sump into which hum, buzz, noise, and RFI are poured!"

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Hi guys, I came across this thing

Review of a similar device:

Top Bottom