• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The best unexpected customer service experience for 2023

flor

I cracked the screen of my Olympus Micro Four Thirds camera. Asked Olympus what a replacement would cost. Found it too expensive at the time.

Waited a couple of years. Asked again if a repair was still possible. They said yes, send us the camera, it will cost a fixed fee of around 100€.

Once they had the camera they told me that they couldn’t get the part anymore and if I would be ok with having it replaced with the current model at no additional cost.

That was an unexpected upgrade! Too bad they stopped their consumer-facing camera business shortly thereafter.

Digital_Thor

I have a great dentist who I keep, even though I have to drive an hour to get my 6-month service check-up. There was a cavity between two lower teeth on my left side, where a hole has formed all the way to the nerve. After an operation with killing it and installing a titanium "root" and placing a new crown on top, all initially seemed fine. But after some time, I experienced that the gap between the new crown and neighboring tooth, made it possible for food to get in between the teeth when chewing, hurting the gums.
I tried my best to keep it clean but went and asked if he could do something to make the gap more narrow, since it was not such an issue before.
He accepted that he could have done better and then built me a new crown and changed it, so it all fits way more nicely now - no bill :D:D

Love when people take such pride in their work and at the same time admit when they made a mistake, so everyone can learn and move on more "rich" in good experiences - and added hope for trust in each other.

He's also a dentist that helped me feel less pain and anxiety when going to the dentist :)

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Digital_Thor

Better living thru chemistry. :p
In some way yes - because modern technology in general is pretty awesome :D... but also because he was able to kindly explain what was going on and what needed to be done, giving me short breaks in between some of the rougher treatments I went through. For me, it helped to understand the procedure, since it felt easier when you know why. The unknown can be a bit more scary - especially when it's going on inside your body.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom