• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

External Volume Control Knob for Computer(PC)

ViperDom

I used this knob for a bit. (Vaydeer Volume Control $32.99) It was magnificent for the few weeks that it worked. The smooth de-dents feel great and allow precise adjustment. Then like others say in the reviews it stopped working after a few restarts and now no longer works. I tried troubleshooting but it doesn't even work trying on three other computers so let's call it a brick.

PXL_20240216_225147823.jpg

PXL_20240216_225100342.jpg

Now i'm back to the interruption of clicking on the desktop, clicking on volume, and scrolling with mouse. It annoys me as I prefer to minimize interaction with the computer/devices while listening to music. (I work on a computer most the day)

Ive done a little searching and came up with a couple possible options. Curious what yall think of these and if anyone has any other ideas.
Beacon Mix:
PCPanel:

Both of these have several little knobs. I would prefer One Big knob. The one(pcpanel) with Slider could be nice.

Solveit

I have this but there is others there also on Etsy.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The surface dial can work well but it's hit and miss with some of the player apps.

OP
ViperDom

ViperDom

thanks,
considered the DIAL until i became aware of the falling asleep issue through searching these forums and verifying issue with microsoft:
I'll reconsider it if able to find something conclusive on ability to disable the sleep mode.

I leave TIDAL at Max and utilize Windows Master for volume control, so player app compatibility shouldn't be an issue.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
thanks,
considered the DIAL until i became aware of the falling asleep issue through searching these forums and verifying issue with microsoft:
I'll reconsider it if able to find something conclusive on ability to disable the sleep mode.

I leave TIDAL at Max and utilize Windows Master for volume control, so player app compatibility shouldn't be an issue.
Oh, and the dial doesnt seem to work with screen lock either.

Its not a perfect solution though by a long stretch.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor

phofman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@ViperDom : That device is some simple USB HID controller - some MCU with a rotary encoder, push buttons and USB low speed interface. My 2 cents it has a cable issue. Perhaps opening, checking the cable, and replacing with any other cable from a mouse/keyboard/etc would help?

Moderate Dionysianism

Top Bottom