• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extending Electronics Lifetime through Mains Power 'Conditioning'

heita0

I live in a 220V 50Hz country (Bangladesh) with several mains issues and I was wondering what I can do to intercept the mains current to fix issues, through some intervention at the breaker level. I don't expect an audio improvement, but I do want to make sure my equipment lasts as long as possible.
The problems include:
  • Voltage instability (spikes as well as brownouts)
  • Surges (lightning and random)
  • Inconstant frequency (not sure if actually bad)
  • EMI noise (not sure if actually bad)
How can I solve these issues at the breaker level? An online UPS is a good option, but one for the whole house is unrealistic. Is there anything that can 'condition' the power going to all the electrical/electronic devices in my house?

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I live in a 220V 50Hz country (Bangladesh) with several mains issues and I was wondering what I can do to intercept the mains current to fix issues, through some intervention at the breaker level. I don't expect an audio improvement, but I do want to make sure my equipment lasts as long as possible.
The problems include:
  • Voltage instability (spikes as well as brownouts)
  • Surges (lightning and random)
  • Inconstant frequency (not sure if actually bad)
  • EMI noise (not sure if actually bad)
How can I solve these issues at the breaker level? An online UPS is a good option, but one for the whole house is unrealistic. Is there anything that can 'condition' the power going to all the electrical/electronic devices in my house?
I lived in Saipan for 18 years, where power issues were not uncommon. I learned early on then & now ALWAYS use UPS solutions. I have 2 large ones for my stereo gear (and a LED room lamp), one large one for my refrigerator, one smaller one for my WiFi & led lamp (upstairs), one small one for my computer & a table top lamp (upstairs, different room). Highly recommended by me.

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I live in a 220V 50Hz country (Bangladesh) with several mains issues

An online UPS is a good option, but one for the whole house is unrealistic. Is there anything that can 'condition' the power going to all the electrical/electronic devices in my house?
Well u replied urself. Use UPS for audio and PC. There is no other solution.

Top Bottom