• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Roland68

Major Contributor
Already gone it seems...
At least 30 pieces of C200 are still available on Amazon.de for €175.
You will probably have to look on Amazon for your country.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
UK Deal - Pair of JBL L52 Classic for £499 instead of £999

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Is it just me or do you sometimes feel like it's:
317441770_2115387988640103_5193093222812219929_n.jpg

killdozzer

Major Contributor
In EU there has been a new law since September, requires retailers to put lowest 30 days price if an item is on sale :)
also price tracking sites exist, it's easy to check the actual lowest price (or price trend)
Glad to hear about it and to see someone puts effort in keeping the trade fair. However, I don't think it's easy to check the actual lowest price just because there's a price tracking site. Such actions are futile. There's just too many items being sold. And there's always the question who runs those sites?

Anyway, wouldn't want to steal this useful and great thread, but just to mention one of the less than fair practices is advertising sales "up to 70%" because you have one pair of 6 years old gloves that no one wants and are probably unmatched or a pair of super-modern denim in kids size while the rest of the stuff that is in fact worthwhile is barely 15%.

BTW, what does "put lowest 30 days price if an item is on sale" mean?

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Kef R3 still on sale:

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Glad to hear about it and to see someone puts effort in keeping the trade fair. However, I don't think it's easy to check the actual lowest price just because there's a price tracking site. Such actions are futile. There's just too many items being sold. And there's always the question who runs those sites?

Anyway, wouldn't want to steal this useful and great thread, but just to mention one of the less than fair practices is advertising sales "up to 70%" because you have one pair of 6 years old gloves that no one wants and are probably unmatched or a pair of super-modern denim in kids size while the rest of the stuff that is in fact worthwhile is barely 15%.

It means that if you have a product on sale for 100 euros, then three days before the discounts you take it to 150 and then give a discount of 50 euros, you must also write that the product had already been sold for 100 euros in the previous 30 days. and then the buyer understands that that discount is bogus.

delta76

Major Contributor

Where I live pricespy is very reputable, and I saved a ton of money with them. Yes inaccuracies happen, like they match wrong product from time to time, but in majority of the case put an alarm on the product you are interested in, and you are set.

The rule is that for example a retailer had a sale 2 weeks before and an item was 70$. Then it is back to 100$, and they have another sale with put it at 80$. They will be required to put a "Lowest price in 30 days: 70$" label next to 80$ price tag

poxymoron

Bought this yesterday in Belfast, works out at €1230. Bought separately it costs €2400+ in Ireland. I'll also be able to try out the subwoofer with my 2 channel system to see how much of an improvement I can get in my room before I buy a better sub, and also use the soundbar and rear speakers for DTS multi room audio. Should have it delivered next week.

bYOndo

Kef R3 still on sale:

I finally decided to pull the trigger. But on www.hidden-audio.de website, walnut ones, 979€ included shipping :)
Happy Christmas to me! eheh...

Top Bottom