• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eq setting

OP
davidebond

davidebond

To @threni: if I made a mistake, please give me your pardon. But it believed was off topic the ontological status of the ellipsis. It was clear was I meant.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

To @Jimbob54: I installed apo eq and peace, but the frequencies don't match. Furthermore, I am not able to detect a difference between a flat eq and a hd 650 one. Honestly, I didn't understand the test.
Another time, perhaps, I'll make another trial.

Thanks in any case,

Davide

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
It can be tricky to make PEACE and APO work. There are some things that have worked for me: 1) reboot after installation. 2) makes sure your device is on the list of things that PEACE/APO are managing. 3) try making changes in APO only, if you change the gain and the sound levels don't change, something's wrong. 4) select an eq in PEACE and apply it, then look at the graph in APO ( which should say"peace.txt", it should not be flat, but should show the eq that's applied.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
To @Jimbob54: I installed apo eq and peace, but the frequencies don't match. Furthermore, I am not able to detect a difference between a flat eq and a hd 650 one. Honestly, I didn't understand the test.
Another time, perhaps, I'll make another trial.

Thanks in any case,

Davide
I thought you had math audio plug in for foobar?

OP
davidebond

davidebond

To @MaxwellsEq: honestly, I made the reboot, but after applying an eq setting, I didn't hear any voice, but a noise with a prolonged note. Lowering the volume, the sound of the note disappears but not the noise. I choose the right hd 650 preset, but without result. According to a video online, I ought insert some value into the right column. The problem is that I have not columns with the requested frequencies. It is too hard in its simplicity: insert a value, press enter and the jeux sont Fait.

I tested Peace with the compact and the large eq. In any case I didn't find such series of frequencies. The Riemann Hypothesis is a matter of childrens in comparison...

However, thanks.

To @Jimbob54: I have always said that I use Foobar2000 and Powerdvd22 ultra for the Blu-ray pure audio with mshuttle. For this reason, I need an eq which affects the system and not the single music software.

Best,

Davide

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
davidebond

davidebond

Ok. Es tut mir Leid. I am sorry. I didn't think it was a problem since I need an eq for the system. I started with Foobar2000, then I received diverse suggestions. I didn't know apo or peace. I knew them today. For this reason, I didn't refer to them at the beginning of the thread.

Boh... I apologize for the disturb. It is ok so. In a way or other I will find a solution. Otherwise, Schade....

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Davide

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
I've made PEACE APO work reliably for me. There's no risk from randomly trying different EQs from the drop-downs in PEACE. I would expect an EQ for a Bose Quietcomfort to sound really different from, say, an AKG 240. If you switch between them and they around identical, something's clearly not being applied to your computer.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

But I cannot detect any difference between a flat eq, or the absence of any eq, and the 650 hd eq.
At any rate, thanks to @MaxwellsEq for your worthy suggestions.

Best,

Davide

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
But I cannot detect any difference between a flat eq, or the absence of any eq, and the 650 hd eq.
Are you using shared or direct mode? If you use ASIO direct or similar, the EQ won't work.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

Yes. I am use native Asio drivers and Asio proxy to use Foobar2000 with Topping dx3 pro.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Yes. I am use native Asio drivers and Asio proxy to use Foobar2000 with Topping dx3 pro.
EAPO and the rest don't work with ASIO or WASAPI exclusive.
If you want to use ASIO turn back to Mathaudio and apply any settings you have there.
It will be really easy to listen the before and after with the EQ and Bypass button.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
That's probably the problem then. If you are in exclusive mode, only the settings in the app used to playback have any impact, all external apps wil be ignored.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

Ok. Thanks to both. I return to math audio and Foobar2000.

Many many thanks,

davide

OP
davidebond

davidebond

I installed math audio and searched the presets for my headphone. Basically, I must Copy the various values in the blank fields of mathaudio. Rightly?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sometimes adding a tiny downwards slope (even just 0.5dB) across the whole audio band suits some people's ears. You need an EQ capable of a tiny LPF shelf Q, like 0.3 or less.

Top Bottom