• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ APO vs Peace EQ Interface

LegionOfHell

I guess EQ APO is the best free equalizer ? Is there an alternative that is better ? do you recommend EQ APO ?

Should I use EQ_APO or the Peace EQ Interface ?

What are the best plugins for EQ APO ? Are there any audiophile ones ? ones that increase the soundstage and color the sound etc ?

OP
LegionOfHell

LegionOfHell

I recommend EqualizerAPO.

I am new to EQ, you are saying I should start with EQAPO and then switch to the Peace interface ?

Any good plugins for EQAPO ?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am new to EQ, you are saying I should start with EQAPO and then switch to the Peace interface ?

Any good plugins for EQAPO ?
Yes. I'd start with APO Peace is just for convenience.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I never found reason to use another interface other than the regular Equalizer APO one.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you have multiple headphones/monitors, it's a lot easier to manage multiple PEQ settings in PEACE. You can also assign hot keys and coloured icons to profiles so you get a visual indication of which profile you're using in the system tray. Here's my setup...

1622582203717.png

OP
LegionOfHell

LegionOfHell

I have multiple headphones so I guess I will go with Peace.. You need to install EQAPO anyway...So I experiment with both...

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have multiple headphones, my regular Equalizer APO has a config.txt with 3 other EQ files, and I just switch them on/off with a click of a button too.

OP
LegionOfHell

LegionOfHell

Is that the only difference though ? Does Peace offer more ?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is that the only difference though ? Does Peace offer more ?

PEACE has an Effects Panel which makes it very easy to play with things like Cross Feed...

1622584890667.png

For example, enabling Jan Meier Crossfeed added 29 control elements to eAPO. I wouldn't fancy adding and setting all of those up directly in eAPO!

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Peace is an extension of EQAPO so get the latter first and you'll see later.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I always use EQAPO as is because I don't think it is hard to use it. One thing I don't like about peace is that it always clear the config.txt that I already had. Is there any way to make two config that work simultaneously?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I always use EQAPO as is because I don't think it is hard to use it. One thing I don't like about peace is that it always clear the config.txt that I already had. Is there any way to make two config that work simultaneously?

Try including the settings you have in config.txt in another file and 'include' it in config.txt. I use demo.txt as a test and it seems to remain as I switch between profiles in PEACE (press the green up arrow to see and edit the settings in demo.txt or whatever file you choose)...

1622621025363.png

roskodan

One can input command lines from PEACE without using the GUI, and saving it will create a separate config file as usual.

Just press the "Command" button, and the command window will pop up.

Here I called the convolver command with a FIR .wav file as input (root file path is the EQ APO config folder).

Convolution: LCD2C48000Hz.wav

ManuMaker

Hi, I'm Argentine so sorry for my bad English, I ask you a question, I use a notebook with foobar2000 and a loxjie d30, in output by asio and that's how I use it, reading the forum and Amir's reviews gave me to try and follow tutorials I saw how he uses peace with eq apo and holy moly my hd280pro sounded much better with a file that I found in another forum ajjajaaj. My question is this as I change the output in foobar2000 hires files like dsd only play as common pcm, is there any way to use eq and still get the files in the original form? Greetings!!!

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
Guess this APO thread is as good as any. APO with Peace.

I have been tuning, both my measurement to get a hint, and them by ear using the 1/3 octave ISO centers and a Q of 4.3.
Most bands are at zero. Sharp HP on the bottom end as my desktops are limited range. Very gentle LP from 6K up.

For a final configuration, once I know what I need. Is there any difference in distortion or processing overhead if I turn off all the "zero" bands or if I convert to a similar parametric which will only need a few bands.

skris88

I guess EQ APO is the best free equalizer ? Is there an alternative that is better ? do you recommend EQ APO ?

Should I use EQ_APO or the Peace EQ Interface ?

What are the best plugins for EQ APO ? Are there any audiophile ones ? ones that increase the soundstage and color the sound etc ?
PEACE is just a lovely (and very cleverly written) GUI front end for EQ APO. No benefit in doing it in just EQ APO.

I mainly use Linux PCs with EasyEffects now in place of EQ APO, but I miss the features available in PEACE on a Windows PC!

Mantra

Try including the settings you have in config.txt in another file and 'include' it in config.txt. I use demo.txt as a test and it seems to remain as I switch between profiles in PEACE (press the green up arrow to see and edit the settings in demo.txt or whatever file you choose)...

View attachment 133350
hi @Berwhale
I did not know about it could be included 2 or more configs like peace.txt and demo.txt
it could turn on/off an entire configuration , i did not know about it
do you know what I miss about it ?
An system tray icon to open quickly apo eq and a resampler (like sox)
about the system tray icon , could be EACS - Equalizer APO Config Switcher ,but not exacly what i meant , and there is a sox resample vst free
thanks

Top Bottom