• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Entreq "signal grounding" Measurements

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm seeing 2.4755kHz on the display, but by itself, that wave looks like what happens at 60Hz.

I also see many frequencies in the wave...

5v (?) per division vertical, what's the time per division horizontally? (Sorry, I'm not familiar with these new-fangled scopes)

--

Actually 3 different frequency readings... Trying to confuse me?
Sorry. Should have turned all of that off. The Tek scopes are super chatty and put up all of those measurements and you have to manually turn them off. The voltage measurements are also wrong as I have not programmed the probe inputs to have the right divider for the differential probe I am using.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I know you kids love your toys, but you're messing with P.O.'s reputation here (not to mention your own).

From some TEK manual

2016-05-04_2006.png

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Of course it is not working; you have not paid several Feng Shui masters 10s of thousands of dollars to analyze the position of the house, room, and components!
You are probably going to have to jack-up your house and move it to a different site on your property.

iridium.

That's Fu,,,,, funny! LOL

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
No need to move the house. There is obviously too much noise in Amir's room for this device to help. He must screen the room (walls, floor, ceiling) using fine copper (oxygen free) tinned with silver, then apply mu-metal on all surfaces, and install a neutron barrier to prevent the deleterious effects of cosmic radiation. A combination graphene/elastomeric/mu-metal seal must be used around the door to seal the room from external influences. Install the device, then isolate the room for a minimum of 24 hours to allow all fields within the room to be drawn into the secret (or was that sacred?) black hole inside the device. Only then will the potential of the Entreq open-air earth grounding noise reduction device be realized. Please warned be thee that, once opening the door to enter, you must stay within the room (once again sealed) for twenty-four hours before the full sonic grandeur of the device will be revealed to your wondering ears.

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No need to move the house. There is obviously too much noise in Amir's room for this device to help. He must screen the room (walls, floor, ceiling) using fine copper (oxygen free) tinned with silver, then apply mu-metal on all surfaces, and install a neutron barrier to prevent the deleterious effects of cosmic radiation. A combination graphene/elastomeric/mu-metal seal must be used around the door to seal the room from external influences. Install the device, then isolate the room for a minimum of 24 hours to allow all fields within the room to be drawn into the secret (or was that sacred?) black hole inside the device. Only then will the potential of the Entreq open-air earth grounding noise reduction device be realized. Please warned be thee that, once opening the door to enter, you must stay within the room (once again sealed) for twenty-four hours before the full sonic grandeur of the device will be revealed to your wondering ears.

I 100% agree with everything you said, except I still think the house will need to be moved [and maybe chopped & channeled]!

iridium.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Sounds like the recipe to becoming the ' worlds best audiophile ' ... You get a trophy for that you know!

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I was surfing around, looking @ their products, pictures, inside the boxes, reading parts of reviews, conclusions, directions, prices, etc.
There are loads of everything, I was overwhelmed. I was going to post some good ones, but there are simply too many.
And no doubt, some of the reviews are very positive. And you have to follow the directions and give it time.

https://www.tweekgeek.com/entreq-ground-boxes/
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/entreq.htm
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/entreq-silver-tellus-grounding-earthing-system-2

https://www.google.ca/search?q=entr...ved=0ahUKEwiMirGPlcLMAhUKy2MKHWOzCfoQ_AUIBigB

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I was surfing around, looking @ their products, pictures, inside the boxes, reading parts of reviews, conclusions, directions, prices, etc.
There are loads of everything, I was overwhelmed. I was going to post some good ones, but there are simply too many.
And no doubt, some of the reviews are very positive. And you have to follow the directions and give it time.

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/entreq.htm
It is stunning how lay logic is used to think how grounding works:

"Perhaps the easiest way of thinking about this is to literally consider it a box of ground -- as in what makes up your back yard. Sink a grounding post into the earth and the precise make up of your soil, how wet it is and what other elements or pollutants it contains will all impact its effectiveness and nature as an electrical ground. In theory, all ground posts should extend as far as the water table, but not only is that not always possible, the water table itself can rise and drop, especially over a period of years. So, as you can see, it’s not quite as simple as hammering a conductive rod into the ground. What Entreq have done is experiment in order to develop the best possible filler for their boxes, a mix that delivers consistent musical results despite its physical isolation from any geographical entity."

People keep thinking this like plants or something where a pot is a sample of earth.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It is stunning how lay logic is used to think how grounding works:

"Perhaps the easiest way of thinking about this is to literally consider it a box of ground -- as in what makes up your back yard. Sink a grounding post into the earth and the precise make up of your soil, how wet it is and what other elements or pollutants it contains will all impact its effectiveness and nature as an electrical ground. In theory, all ground posts should extend as far as the water table, but not only is that not always possible, the water table itself can rise and drop, especially over a period of years. So, as you can see, it’s not quite as simple as hammering a conductive rod into the ground. What Entreq have done is experiment in order to develop the best possible filler for their boxes, a mix that delivers consistent musical results despite its physical isolation from any geographical entity."

People keep thinking this like plants or something where a pot is a sample of earth.
You already showed the Entreq prototype in your other "true" grounding thread.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
POF mentions test's in the copy on his web site, how about talking to him to find out the parameters for these 'tests' .

It would be nice to find out what's happening with this, in a way that will help people rather than just be pigeonholed as objective fundamentalists propaganda and dismissed by those who it could help.

Tough job though, I am getting the distinct impression that all many want is the ' facts' that support what they 'think' they hear. These people leave no room for the likelihood they are deceiving themselves on a fundamental level, at least to a degree if not totally.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I wonder what the Entreq Spec Sheets look like.

Are the units tested before shipment?

What is the pass/fail criteria?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
POF mentions test's in the copy on his web site, how about talking to him to find out the parameters for these 'tests'
He has said on WBF that due to being copied in the past, he will not disclose the nature of any tests they do or do not perform.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
groundobjects-jpg.93015

Top Bottom