• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Entreq "signal grounding" Measurements

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So the cheapaudioman latest episode actually mentions this grounding box (so sadly they are still selling it for $10,000 ) - at least the CheapAudioMan recognises that this is totally crazy and calls them out as "con artists" - calls them the "$10,000 box of rocks":

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A fool and his money often part ways...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Common sense is futile there will always be some mug somewhere.
I see there is a ‘Borg’ audio manufacturer! No doubt they hope to assimilate us.
Keith

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Common sense is futile there will always be some mug somewhere.
I see there is a ‘Borg’ audio manufacturer! No doubt they hope to assimilate us.
Keith
They also say resistance is futile, but 10 ohms in series with my horns improved a few things.

Reactions: MAB

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So the cheapaudioman latest episode actually mentions this grounding box (so sadly they are still selling it for $10,000 ) - at least the CheapAudioMan recognises that this is totally crazy and calls them out as "con artists" - calls them the "$10,000 box of rocks":

Sad to see what became of Mel Gibson.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I only hope he doesn't get sued over this.
When you sell as much useless snake-oil as these guys, you just might have a few dollars in
the kitty to give your brother-in-law the lawyer a few crumbs to upset that posters life. :(
I had Mikey Fremer publicly threaten me with Stereophiles lawyers a few years back. :mad:
29849554-sq044.jpg

96730534-RrXyE.jpg

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If he does I will buy you a copy of his book, not that you need it of course.
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
An entire industry of clowns.
Yep, What a sad situation.
The truth of Peter Aczel's words in my signature have never been truer than today. :mad:

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?

egellings

Major Contributor
:D

Lol, nice "Swenglish". Speaking as a Scandinavian myself, the fact that these guys weren't even able (or couldn't be bothered) to find someone to proofread their marketing material speaks volumes about this company.
Every vild and sveeng-eeng apartment should have one of dohse!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Do they mark the very nadir of the audiophile industry?

atmasphere

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Do they mark the very nadir of the audiophile industry?
Almost... the sad part, IMO is that they have competition. IOW there are other 'grounding boxes'.

I started hearing about these about 10 years ago. I didn't know what they were, but when I read the manual I didn't know what they were, but I knew what they weren't :facepalm:

So I did a survey, to which only a few responded. To participate the one being surveyed had to have a DVM and I asked them to do certain measurements. What I found was if the equipment in the system was actually properly grounded (for single-ended gear, this meant chassis and audio ground were not the same thing) with proper AC safety grounds. the owner was far more likely to hear little or no benefit from the 'grounding box'. But if the equipment was poorly grounded (meaning ground loops might be present or the equipment wasn't grounded at all) then the owners were more likely to 'hear' a 'benefit'.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It is the ultimate in single-point grounding :) :facepalm:

Top Bottom