• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End Game Speakers

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Amen, pus case automatics and EVs are for little girls and blind old men.
But nothing on 4 wheels will pucker your sphincter like this.
Sal, that boat would of killed me when I was younger! But what a ride.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
So was it his amplifier that made the difference. Or was it simply his opinion of their sound?
And then you have the issue of a completely different room?
It was the room. His buddy had much better luck with his room. We all know bass is very finicky in each individual room if all you have is two speakers and no sub. Live and learn.

gino1961

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Speaking of speakers and power amp matching instead of vu meters monitoring the Power output it would be interesting to monitor the voltage rails
If the voltage drops during the loudest passages the amp is not enough for the speakers
I liked the idea so much that i tried on a cheap amp with small PS caps I used a 5 ohm 200W dummy load The needle of the Voltmeter dropped clearly pumpimg up the volume
For the ultimate speakers it depends on the room clearly The room fixes in many ways the top performance obtainable from a speaker system
You can't get a high end performance in a bad room even with a end game speaker

Last edited:

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Speaking of speakers and power amp matching instead of vu meters monitoring the Power output it would be interesting to monitor the voltage rails
If the voltage drops during the loudest passages the amp is not enough for the speakers
I liked the idea so much that i tried on a cheap amp with small PS caps I used a 5 ohm 200W dummy load The needle of the Voltmeter dropped clearly pumpimg up the volume
For the ultimate speakers it depends on the room clearly The room fixes in many ways the top performance obtainable from a speaker system
Ok, now I want both VU meters and voltage rail meters! You have fed the beast.

gino1961

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ok, now I want both VU meters and voltage rail meters! You have fed the beast.
Hi actually I got the idea from the power cube test on the old magazine The Audio Critic
Some high prices power amps performed quite badly
Other cheaper better
My dream amp has always been the old krell ksa 100
That would drive almost anything domestic It could be the corner stone of the system

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sal, that boat would of killed me when I was younger! But what a ride.
Ours almost did a couple times. LOL But what an awesome ski boat !!!
The B&W photo has me behind the wheel the first season out after we build this.
17.5' Rayson Craft SK w/ 392 Chrysler Hemi and a single quad carb.
The color photo was taken a year or two later after a couple up-grades
like dual quads, hotter cams. etc.
Oh the good old days, $0.34.9 a gallon for 100+ octane premium leaded gas.
4.jpg

5.jpg

Top Bottom