• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This thread reminds me of a joke:

A woman goes to the husband store. The store owner tells her each floor has better quality men, but once she leaves a floor she can not return. On the first floor are nice, cute men. "I can do better" she thinks to herself. She goes to the second floor. There she finds nice, cute men with high paying jobs. "I can do better" she thinks to herself. On the third floor, she finds nice, cute men with high paying jobs and extra large reproductive organs. "I can do better" she thinks to herself. When she gets to the 4th floor, there is nothing but a sign. As she gets closer, she reads what it says.

"There are no men here. This floor exists only to prove that you can never please women."

Could that joke also apply to some audiophiles? Maybe it's simply hunting for new gear that is the real pleasure, not actually owning it? :D

Last edited:

dkinric

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nearly 8 months since the last thread was closed and there's still no practical feedback in 15 pages worth of comments here. It's a lot of rehashing old recommendations and dangling info about "upcoming" D&D speakers over other forum users. This is neither subjective nor objective, it's just rambling.
I don't understand comments like this.
So why are you here? Why are you posting on this thread that you clearly are not interested in? Are you trying to start an argument? ...or lead a revolt against OP so he will once again stop sharing his journey? Seriously, what are you hoping to accomplish with this? Clearly there are people interested in this, even if it's not you.
Just move on. Please.

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
This thread reminds me of a joke:

A woman goes to the husband store. The store owner tells her each floor has better quality men, but once she leaves a floor she can not return. On the first floor are nice, cute men. "I can do better" she thinks to herself. She goes to the second floor. There she finds nice, cute men with high paying jobs. "I can do better" she thinks to herself. On the third floor, she finds nice, cute men with high paying jobs and extra large reproductive organs. "I can do better" she thinks to herself. When she gets to the 4th floor, there is nothing but a sign. As she gets closer, she reads what it says.

"There are no men here. This floor exists only to prove that you can never please women."

Could that joke also apply to some audiophiles? Maybe it's simply hunting for new gear that is the real pleasure, not actually owning it? :D
The quest is certainly enjoyable and being able to listen to so many different systems (that I never thought would be possible) has been a blast. But, ultimately it is a means to an end, just not quite there yet. Though I have no doubt even after the choice is made, I will still attend an audio show here and there, they are a lot of fun.

Note your “joke” also applies to men, not only women, and I expect just about any hobby us humans are passionate about

Flexecutioner

So why are you here? Why are you posting on this thread that you clearly are not interested in? Are you trying to start an argument? ...or lead a revolt against OP so he will once again stop sharing his journey? Seriously, what are you hoping to accomplish with this? Clearly there are people interested in this, even if it's not you.
Just move on. Please.
I'm sorry, but this is a completely illogical interpretation of my comment. I'm literally wishing for the opposite. My interest is the source of the criticism.

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
When are the new bigger D&D going to be released ?
Best to reach out directly to D&D on that to get something more concrete (though I expect far too early for them to disclose any dates), but as a very rough guess, I would expect later this year.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Best to reach out directly to D&D on that to get something more concrete (though I expect far too early for them to disclose any dates), but as a very rough guess, I would expect later this year.
Maybe they'll show them in Munich in May

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just move on. Please.
I think you are jumping on @Flexecutioner too hard. After all this journey is about a room yet to be built with one possibility being D&D speakers which are yet to be manufactured. The short list does seem to be a bit on the exotic side, but my tastes are very different from the OP. Perhaps this is a bit like watching science fiction which requires suspending disbelief or playing fantasy football which is all about wouldn't it be cool if...

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Nearly 8 months since the last thread was closed and there's still no practical feedback in 15 pages worth of comments here. It's a lot of rehashing old recommendations and dangling info about "upcoming" D&D speakers over other forum users. This is neither subjective nor objective, it's just rambling.
And, what's wrong with that?

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
I think you are jumping on @Flexecutioner too hard. After all this journey is about a room yet to be built with one possibility being D&D speakers which are yet to be manufactured. The short list does seem to be a bit on the exotic side, but my tastes are very different from the OP. Perhaps this is a bit like watching science fiction which requires suspending disbelief or playing fantasy football which is all about wouldn't it be cool if...
Short list exotic? Not sure I see it that way. Suspending disbelief? Why would you say that? This is all very real, I can assure you. As to the room, if the decision is made prior to room completion, the purchase will happen regardless as long as I can fit the speakers in the current space ;)

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Short list exotic? Not sure I see it that way. Suspending disbelief? Why would you say that? This is all very real, I can assure you. As to the room, if the decision is made prior to room completion, the purchase will happen regardless as long as I can fit the speakers in the current space ;)
Please don't take that post as criticism. My real concern is about another member being jumped on. If I find your short list exotic, that's just my perception.

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
Please don't take that post as criticism. My real concern is about another member being jumped on. If I find your short list exotic, that's just my perception.
No worries, didn’t take as criticism, and appreciate your comments. Just wanted to make sure my intentions and plans not misrepresented … and after further thought, I think I would agree with you that at least the panel planars on my list are fair game to be considered “exotic” :)

dkinric

Perhaps. And I appreciate your opinion, head wrangler.
Thing is, OP has always been up front about his intentions, right from OP's OP. He didn't come here asking questions, he's offering to give us something - to share. Some of us want to hear about a thing where we rarely get insight. Last time, the thread was closed because of some people complaining, and I'd hate to see it happen again. People have the right to complain if they don't like it. I wish they wouldn't in this case.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps. And I appreciate your opinion, head wrangler.
Thing is, OP has always been up front about his intentions, right from OP's OP. He didn't come here asking questions, he's offering to give us something - to share. Some of us want to hear about a thing where we rarely get insight. Last time, the thread was closed because of some people complaining, and I'd hate to see it happen again. People have the right to complain if they don't like it. I wish they wouldn't in this case.
I'm not sure what a head wrangler is. I don't make or enforce the rules around here. It's not up to me, but I can't see any reason to close this thread.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No worries, didn’t take as criticism, and appreciate your comments. Just wanted to make sure my intentions and plans not misrepresented … and after further thought, I think I would agree with you that at least the panel planars on my list are fair game to be considered “exotic” :)
There are people who would say if they don't sell it at Best Buy it's exotic.

dkinric

I'm not sure what a head wrangler is. I don't make or enforce the rules around here. It's not up to me, but I can't see any reason to close this thread.
Sorry, guess I confused you with someone else.
It seems rude to me when someone is trying to give you something and you complain that it’s taking too long. MKR can understandably decide his efforts are not worth the abuse again and that’s what I was hoping to avoid.
Let’s return to talking about speakers now…

Top Bottom